1st-Year Diversity Fellowship
Diversity and inclusiveness are core values at Choate Hall & Stewart. As part of our long-standing commitment to hiring, developing and promoting outstanding lawyers who offer perspectives and talents shaped by a broad range of socioeconomic, racial, ethnic and personal backgrounds, we are proud to sponsor the Choate Hall & Stewart 1L Diversity Fellowship.
One Fellow will receive a paid position in Choate’s 2013 summer program and will be eligible for a stipend of up to $10,000, paid in two installments. The Fellow will receive the first installment, in the amount of $2,500, upon the completion of the 2013 summer program. The remaining $7,500 is contingent on the Fellow’s receiving and accepting an offer to participate in the entire 2014 summer program and completing that summer program. The second installment will paid upon the completion of the 2014 summer program.
This merit-based Fellowship will be awarded on a competitive basis. Fellowship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled and in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school with the anticipated graduation date of 2015
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity in the profession
- A record of academic and professional achievement
- A sincere interest in practicing at Choate upon graduation
Applications must be submitted online by January 23, 2013. Applications must include:
- Completed application form
- Current resume
- Transcripts (official or unofficial) from all undergraduate institutions
- Transcript (official or unofficial) from first-semester of law school
- Legal writing sample
- One-page personal statement describing your commitment to diversity in the profession and explaining your interest in Choate
- Letter of reference from a law school professor, legal writing instructor or law school administrative dean, sent directly to Mike Kaufman at email@example.com or Mike Kaufman, Choate Hall & Stewart, 2 International Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02110
A selection panel consisting of the firm’s Managing Partners, Hiring Partners and members of the Diversity and Hiring Committees will evaluate applications, interview finalists and select the Diversity Fellow.