Choate Receives Top Chambers USA Rankings for Eight Practice Areas and 21 Attorneys
Choate Press Release
| June 26, 2012
Choate has received top rankings in the 2012 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in eight of its practice areas: Antitrust, Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Corporate/M&A, Intellectual Property, General Commercial Litigation, Private Equity (in the categories: Buyouts, Fund Formation and Venture Capital Investment) and Tax. Twenty-one lawyers at Choate were also named among the top attorneys in the country in their respective fields.
The 21 Choate attorneys that are listed in the 2012 directory are:
- Antitrust – Robert M. Buchanan, Jr.
- Banking & Finance – Peter M. Palladino
- Bankruptcy/Restructuring – Douglas R. Gooding and John F. Ventola
- Corporate/M&A – William B. Asher, Jr., Robert V. Jahrling III and Laurence P. Naughton
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation – Arthur S. Meyers
- Healthcare – Christine G. Savage
- Intellectual Property – Karen F. Copenhaver (Licensing), Robert S. Frank, Jr., Dr. Brenda H. Jarrell and Eric J. Marandett
- Labor & Employment – Thomas E. Shirley
- Litigation – Jack Cinquegrana (White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations) and Robert S. Frank, Jr. (General Commercial)
- Private Equity – Stephen M. L. Cohen (Buyouts), Brian P. Lenihan (Venture Capital Investment) and Andrew E. Taylor, Jr. (Fund Formation)
- Real Estate – Michael S. Sophocles
- Tax – Steven P. Eichel and Louis J. Marett
Choate and its attorneys were singled out by Chambers for the strength of their practice, expertise and reputation in the market. The rankings data is culled from in-depth interviews with thousands of lawyers and clients across the country.
“We are honored to again receive such high rankings in Chambers, especially since they are based on the independent opinions of what is most important to the clients,” said William Gelnaw and John Nadas, co-managing partners at Choate. “We are focused on a select group of areas where we practice at the top of the market, and it’s gratifying to be recognized for our expertise, client service and single-minded focus on adding value for clients.”
Chambers and Partners has published annual legal directories for 22 years. Widely considered to be the most reputable directory in the world, inclusion in Chambers is based solely on its research teams’ findings. Ranking criteria includes technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence and commitment. Law firms and individual lawyers are ranked in bands from 1-6, with 1 being the best.