Choate Sponsors Periscopes Up: Managing Your Company in Turbulent Economic Waters
Choate Event Announcement
| November 6, 2008
| Robert Jahrling, William Asher, Douglas Gooding, Mark Cahill, John Ventola and Charles Johnson
Choate hosted the seminar "Periscopes Up: Managing Your Company in Turbulent Economic Waters" to examine the types of practical, informed and timely decisions that directors and management can make to keep their companies afloat. The seminar consited of several interactive panels that addressed the following topics:
- Internal Risk Management: Managing operations in uncertain times, addressing customer risk, reevaluating financial assumptions and ensuring disclosure reflects the current operational reality of your business, and meeting the challenges of the year-end audit.
- Credit Market Exposure: Understanding the constraints of the current credit markets, dealing with your lenders, accessing alternative capital sources and strategies for dealing with limited liquidity.
- M&A Transactions: Evaluating the opportunities and challenges in the current market, managing through the deal process in volatile economic times, and strategies for both buyers and sellers in addressing deal risks.
Speakers for this event included:
- Craig E. Hallenbeck from co-sponsor Ernst & Young
- Michael Lynch from Duff & Phelps
- Jason Trevisan from Polaris Venture Partners
- Kevin P. Cronin from Bank of America
- Robert Jahrling, William Asher, Douglas Gooding, Mark Cahill, John Ventola and Charles Johnson from Choate
Click here to view the Top Ten Takeaways from Periscopes Up.