Suffolk University Law School
JD, 1998, cum laude
Lead Articles Editor and Member, Suffolk University Law Review
BA, 1994, cum laude
- toggleSpotlight - Andrew Hickey Recognized by The M&A Advisor
Andrew Hickey was named a Finalist for the Eastern Region in The M&A Advisor’s third annual 40 Under 40 Recognition Awards, which honor emerging business leaders across the industry. Read more…
“always available to ensure that everything is going smoothly … a close partner in [clients’] business”
Andy Hickey is listed in Chambers USA and Massachusetts Super Lawyers, a distinction given to only the top 5% of attorneys in Massachusetts.
Mezzanine & Second Lien Financing: private placements of mezzanine and second lien debt and equity co-investments in leveraged buy-out transactions.
Capital Markets: represent issuers and underwriters in tender offers and debt and equity financings.
Corporate & Securities: public offerings, go-private transactions and 34 Act reporting.
Mergers & Acquisitions: corporate transactions for public and private companies, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, leveraged buy outs and going private transactions.
- $850 million of second lien and mezzanine debt with equity co-investment during last four years in over 25 transactions (represented institutional investors).
- Represented underwriters in over $2 billion in public and private debt offerings over the past two years.
- Over $4 billion in debt and equity transactions for public utility company during past four years (represented issuer).
- $95 million sale of social security disability insurance services business to public company (represented seller).
- $90 million sale of Medicare set-aside services business to public company (represented founders).
- $40 million public company acquisition of foreign public target (represented company).
- $85 million follow-on public offering of common stock by arts and crafts retail chain (represented underwriters).
- $100 million in two separate follow-on public offerings of common stock by manufacturer of high temperature superconductor materials (represented underwriters).
- $1.15 billion sale of privately held fire and security company to publicly held international conglomerate (represented seller).
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Hickey has served as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. He is a member of the Boston Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the American College of Investment Counsel. Mr. Hickey is also on the Honorary Board for Family Services of Greater Boston and is a supporter of The Wounded Warrior Disabled Sports Project.