Boston College Law School
Ashley Quigless participated in the firm’s Summer Associate Program in 2009. While in law school, Ms. Quigless worked as a student attorney at the East Bay Community Law Center, providing legal advice and consultation on asylum law and immigration policy. Ms. Quigless was also selected and participated in the International Consulting Project 2008/2009 with the Carroll School of Management. She participated in BC Law’s Hamburg Program during her final semester, taking corporate law classes at Bucerius Law School in both German and English.
Prior to joining Choate, Ms. Quigless was a research associate at CMS Hasche Sigle where she mainly worked on transactions concerning public and private companies in Europe and Asia. She also worked briefly at Bigpoint, a leading online-game developer and content provider for international media companies in which she handled a variety of legal matters associated with corporate initiatives to reach out to strategic European markets.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Quigless was selected as a Congress-Bundestag Fellow where she furthered her undergraduate studies in economics by studying at Potsdam University and interning at the European financial publishing company, Verlagsgruppe Handelsblatt.
General Corporate & Securities: engages in general corporate matters for public and private companies.
Business & Technology: review and negotiation of technology transfer and licensing and service agreements in all types of technology related transactions.
Finance & Restructuring: represents secured lenders, borrowers and equity sponsors in financing transactions.
- Performed diligence and analysis on software and service agreements for several technology related transactions.
- Executed comprehensive survey for company, describing the legal and corporate issues related to expansion initiatives in strategic European markets.
- Prepared internal memorandum analyzing dual listing procedure under Hong Kong Exchange.
- Assisted in representation of agent in $100 million syndicated revolving and term loan credit facility for clothing retailer.
- Drafted research memorandum concerning transfer of identifiable proceeds to collateral accounts under Uniform Commercial Code.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Quigless is a member of the Boston Bar and the American Bar Associations and the Vanderbilt Alumni Admissions and Recruitment Committee.