University of Virginia School of Law
“consistently provides strong legal and business advice, and is an outstanding negotiator and transactions attorney"
The Legal 500
Charlie Johnson is listed in Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions. He has been recognized in The Legal 500 as a leading lawyer for middle-market M&A and private equity buyouts and is a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
Mr. Johnson is an experienced corporate lawyer with a national practice focusing primarily on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and corporate finance. His clients include major private equity firms and both publicly traded and privately held companies.
Recent Representative Engagements
- Potenza Capital in its financing of Demand Brands in 2013.
- BIO-key International in its strategic alliance with InterDigital in 2013.
- Intralign in its acquisition of United Surgical Assistants in 2012.
- Alterna in its sale to Moberg Derma AB in 2012.
- Chasware Group in its acquisition of Patient Accounting Service Center from Xerox in 2012.
- Oasis Systems in its acquisition of RNB Technologies in 2012.
- Altaris Capital Partners and Galen Partners in their acquisition of International Medical Group in 2012.
- Brown Brothers Harriman in its recapitalization of Best Doctors in 2012.
- Chase Corporation in its acquisition of NEPTCO in 2012.
- Healthcare Waste Solutions in its sale to Stericycle in 2011.
- Altaris Capital Partners in recapitalizations of Oasis Outsourcing and SpecialtyCare Systems in 2011.
- Harvest Technologies in its sale to Terumo of Japan in 2011.
- Precyse Solutions in its strategic relationship with M*Modal in 2011.
- Industrie Borla S.p.A in its investments in Yukon Medical in 2011 and 2010.
- GF Funding in its investment in Dynasty Financial in 2011 and its acquisition of Oasis Systems in 2010.
- Brim Holdings in its sale to IASIS Healthcare in 2010.
- Galen Partners in its investment in Nautilus Neurosciences in 2010.
- LightLab Imaging in its sale to St. Jude Medical in 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Johnson is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and has served as chair of the firm’s Business & Technology Practice Group. He is a frequent panel speaker on corporate law topics and he lectures each semester at MIT Sloan School of Management. He is chairman of the board of directors of the Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council’s IGNITE Program. Mr. Johnson is also a member of the board of directors of Special Olympics Massachusetts.