University of North Carolina School of Law
Articles Editor, North Carolina Law Review
University of Pennsylvania
BA, 2005, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
US District Court, Massachusetts
Dana Popkave is an associate in the Labor, Employment & Benefits, Government Enforcement & Compliance and Insurance & Reinsurance practice groups. She represents corporations and individuals in employment litigation and counsels employers on a diverse array of compliance matters. She also has experience in federal and state government enforcement matters, securities litigation and insurance and reinsurance disputes. While in law school, Ms. Popkave served as an Articles Editor for the North Carolina Law Review and as president of the Carolina Public Interest Law Organization.
Labor, Employment & Benefits: assist in representation of companies and individuals in all aspects of employment litigation and arbitration, including breach of employment contracts, restrictive covenants, wage and hour violations and discrimination.
Government Enforcement & Compliance: assist in representation of major pharmaceutical companies and individuals in state and federal government investigations involving off-label marketing, Medicaid fraud, and other healthcare fraud allegations.
Insurance & Reinsurance: assist in representation of leading insurers and reinsurers in complex claim disputes.
- Assist in representation of individuals in action regarding wage claims and breach of non-competition and non-solicitation provisions in employment agreement.
- Represent companies in discrimination actions brought before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws for national companies by revising employee handbooks and all relevant employment agreements.
- Member of team representing major pharmaceutical company in large, multi-year federal investigation into sales and marketing practices.
- Assist in defense of individuals and company investigated in connection with federal criminal investigation into health care fraud.
- Assist in representation of pension fund in complex securities litigation.
- Assist in representation of domestic and international insurance and reinsurance clients with arbitration matters.
Publications and Presentations
“Navigate Written Description Post-Ariad,” co-author, Managing Intellectual Property, December 2011.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Popkave participates in the firm’s pro bono Political Asylum/Immigration Representation project through which she represents asylum-seekers in federal litigation. She also represents individuals though the Massachusetts Legal Clinic for the Homeless and is active in the Citizen Schools Program. Ms. Popkave is a member of the Boston Bar Association.