University of Pennsylvania Law School
JD, 2008, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
Pennsylvania State University
Daniel Riley is a corporate and securities associate at Choate, joining the firm after serving in a similar capacity with a law firm in New York. In law school, Mr. Riley earned the Samuel L. Gerstley Award for corporate law and the John M. Maurer Memorial Prize in criminal law. Mr. Riley also worked as an intern for the Penn Legal Assistance Office and was a member of the moot court board.
Prior to law school, Mr. Riley served as an information technology officer and oceanography officer in the US Navy.
General Corporate & Securities: provides counsel on general corporate matters for public and private companies, venture capital transactions, securities law compliance issues and mergers and acquisitions.
Private Equity: assists leading private equity funds and their portfolio companies with equity investments and leveraged buyout transactions.
Capital Markets: representation of underwriters and issuers in connection with public and private securities offerings.
- Represents public companies in their securities law reporting and compliance activities.
- Represented natural resources company in registered debt offering in connection with major strategic acquisition.
- Represented private equity fund-sponsored financial services company in high yield debt offering and advised on general corporate and securities matters.
- Represented technology and financial services company in initial public offering of common stock.
- Represented underwriters in follow-on equity offering for healthcare company.