Suffolk University Law School
JD, 1982, cum laude
Mergers & Acquisitions: structuring and negotiating M&A transactions for public and private companies, including complex US and international asset and stock acquisitions involving all types of mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and going private transactions for technology, service, manufacturing and distribution companies.
Venture Capital & Search Funds: representation of technology companies in all phases of venture finance and formation of search funds and representation in connection with acquisitions, debt and equity financings and general corporate matters.
Outsourcing, Licensing & Joint Ventures: structuring and negotiating complex international outsourcing and joint venture arrangements and technology licensing agreements.
- Netherlands based multi-national corporation and leading provider of digital maps in connection with mergers and acquisitions, outsourcing arrangements and securities law advice.
- Multi-national corporation engaged in manufacture and sale of communications equipment in connection with sale to publicly-held competitor, including negotiation and documentation of acquisition agreement and preparation of registration statement for filing with Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Formation of search fund and representation of fund in connection with initial funding and subsequent acquisition of medical instrument distribution company, including services related to debt and equity financings.
- Publicly-held testing services and instrumentation company in connection with reorganization with parent company and majority-owed subsidiary, including preparation of all necessary registration statements and proxy materials with Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Financial services software company in connection with negotiation of licensing agreements with major international financial institutions.
Publications and Presentations
Regular lecturer on search funds at Harvard Business School, MIT Sloan School of Management and Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.