Georgetown University Law Center
AB, 2002, cum laude
- toggleEmily Hodge Elected Counsel
Emily Hodge has been elected Counsel in the Litigation Department, where she will continue to focus her practice on government enforcement and compliance and commercial litigation. Read more...
Emily Hodge is a member of the firm’s litigation department. Her practice focuses on representation of individuals and corporations in government and internal investigations. She is also experienced in complex civil litigation. Ms. Hodge’s leadership, analytical skills and attention to detail make her a valued contributor in complex investigations.
Ms. Hodge also has prosecutorial experience as a Special Assistant District Attorney in Suffolk County at the Boston Municipal Court, where she gained considerable criminal trial experience.
Ms. Hodge is committed to public interest work. She chairs the Firm’s collaboration with the Lawyers Clearinghouse, in which the Firm conducts legal clinics at local homeless shelters. In June 2009, the Lawyers Clearinghouse awarded Ms. Hodge its Pro Bono Award, and the Lawyers Clearinghouse Newsletter featured her in its “Pro Bono Spotlight.”
Ms. Hodge has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
Government Enforcement & Compliance: represent individuals and corporations in government and internal investigations and related litigation, including healthcare fraud, export violations and securities fraud.
Complex Commercial Litigation: represent leading corporations in commercial litigation, including contract disputes, patent infringement claims and securities investigations.
- Represented major pharmaceutical companies and individual executives of major pharmaceutical companies in large, multi-year federal investigations into sales and marketing practices.
- Defense of health insurance company in qui tam action.
- Represented individuals in SEC investigations and related criminal and civil cases.
- Defense of companies and individuals involved in export violation investigations.
- Represented individuals in Board of Bar Overseers disciplinary proceedings.
- Assisted with negotiation of dismissal of criminal charges against small business owner.
- Assisted with protective analysis of client’s stock options procedures.
- Assisted pro bono clients in obtaining Social Security disability benefits in hearings before Administrative Law Judges, defending against food stamp disqualification allegations, and understanding and sealing CORI records.
Publications and Presentations
“Mistakes, Misconduct or False Claims: Legal Risks and Potential Liability Involving Federally Funded Research,” speaker, Boston Bar Association, Boston, March 2012.
Professional and Community Involvement
In addition to her work with the Lawyers Clearinghouse, Ms. Hodge is active with the Citizen Schools program, leading legal apprenticeship sessions with local middle school students. Ms. Hodge also represents the best interests of children in care and protection cases as a certified Court Appointed Special Advocate, and serves on the Board of Friends of CASA, Inc. Ms. Hodge is a member of the firm’s Hiring Committee. Outside of the office Ms. Hodge also sits on the United Way Emerging Leaders General Committee, and spends time volunteering as a member of Boston Cares, an organization that coordinates and leads team-oriented volunteer opportunities in and around Boston. She has also been selected for the 2012-2013 Boston Bar Association Public Interest Leadership Program.