Harvard Law School
LLM, 2006 (waived)
LLM, 2004, summa cum laude
MBA, 2001, summa cum laude
LLB, 2000, summa cum laude
US District Court, Massachusetts
Dr. Machluf participated in Choate’s Summer Associate program in 2007 and 2008.
During his studies at Harvard Law School, Dr. Machluf was a Section Leader and teaching assistant for LLM students. He was also a research fellow at the Olin Law and Economics Program and at the Program for the Legal Profession. He was a primary editor for the Harvard Human Rights Journal and an editor at the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy. His doctoral dissertation focused on conflict of laws with respect to the internal affairs of corporations.
While at law school in Israel, he was a research and teaching assistant at Bar-Ilan University, where he also served as co-editor-in-chief of the Law Faculty Law Review. While in attendance at Bar-Ilan University, he received the Knesset (Israeli Parliament) Award for Outstanding Academic Performance. In Israel, Dr. Machluf was an associate at an Israeli law firm for several years where he represented clients in different areas of law in cases before all courts in Israel and in international arbitration matters before the ICC's International Court of Arbitration.
Major Commercial Litigation: assists in representation of leading corporations and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation.
- Currently assisting in representation of corporate officers and directors of close corporation against allegations of fiduciary duty violations.
- Currently assisting in representation of plaintiff-consumer in antitrust litigation.
- Participated in representation of corporations in international arbitration proceedings before ICC's International Court of Arbitration.
- Participated in representation of corporation and its CEO in criminal proceedings related to product liability.
- Prepared memoranda of law in different areas of law, including choice of law and fiduciary duties, spoliation of evidence under Massachusetts law and standards for electronic signature under federal and state law.
Publications and Presentations
- “Withdrawal of Landmark Ruling on Metadata Production,” co-author, Securities Law360, July 2011.
- “Nortel’s Portfolio Auction: The Changing IP Market,” co-author, IP Law360, June 2011.
Professional and Community Involvement
Dr. Machluf has volunteered for several years as a tutor for underprivileged children and is involved in several charity activities in his community. He has dedicated some of his time doing pro bono work. He is also a member of the Boston Bar Association.