Cornell Law School
BA, 1973, with high honors, Phi Beta Kappa
US District Court, Massachusetts
“recommended for his out of the box thinking"
The Legal 500
John Nadas is one of the firm’s Managing Partners. Mr. Nadas is listed among Best Lawyers in America and named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer. He is recognized in The Legal 500 as a leading lawyer for Insurance and has been elected to the World’s Leading Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers.
Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation: litigation, arbitration, alternative dispute resolution and counseling of insurance companies with respect to a wide variety of insurance coverage and conduct issues arising out of a broad spectrum of liabilities and exposures. Litigation, arbitration and counseling with respect to reinsurance disputes.
- Representation of insurers in over 125 declaratory judgment actions in more than 20 states.
- Representation of insurers in numerous asbestos coverage actions venued in bankruptcy proceedings.
- Summary judgments for insurer, affirmed on appeal by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court in multi-million pollution coverage action.
Polaroid v. Travelers
- Summary judgment for insurer, affirmed on appeal by US First Circuit, on leading case concerning application of personal injury coverage for environmental claims.
Dryden Oil v. Travelers
- Representation of reinsurer in leading cases concerning annualization of limits.
AEIC v. Swiss Re
- Representation of various cedents and reinsurers in numerous confidential reinsurance arbitrations relating to pollution and asbestos losses.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Nadas is chairman of the Firm Committee and co-chair of the Diversity Committee. He is a member of the American Law Institute and has been a frequent lecturer on various insurance, reinsurance and litigation topics. He is presently a member of the Boston Bar Association Diversity Leadership Task Force, a past member of the US District Court Civil Justice Advisory Board and past Chairman of the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts Merit Selection Panel. He is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations. He is active in the United Way.