Suffolk University Law School
JD, 2005, summa cum laude
College of William & Mary
Jon Gabriel has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Mergers & Acquisitions: buy- and sell-side transactions for public and private companies in a wide range of industries and for private equity sponsors, including mergers, acquisitions, tender offers, leveraged buyouts and going private transactions.
Corporate & Securities: public offerings, venture capital, angel and debt financings, strategic partner negotiations, recapitalizations.
Public Company Compliance: corporate governance, public company reporting and regulatory compliance.
Cross Border: cross-border acquisitions and financings for US and international clients, US securities law advice for foreign private issuers.
- Represented private equity fund client in $270 million acquisition of private equity sponsored manufacturing company.
- Represented US public company in $40 million strategic acquisition of privately held software company based in the Netherlands.
- Advised Nasdaq-listed company on strategic negotiations, the adoption of new equity compensation plan, compliance with say on pay requirements and general corporate governance and periodic reporting matters.
- Represented rapidly growing technology company in multiple venture capital and strategic partner financing rounds and strategic alliance negotiations with major telecommunications companies.
- Represented underwriters in $55 million initial US public offering of Canadian company.
- Represented start up social gaming software company in organizational and angel financing matters.
- Represented private equity sponsored healthcare technology company in $130 million sale to major international corporation.
- Represented UK public company in $15 million US joint venture buyout and related private share issuance.
- Represented US public company in $20 million strategic acquisition of privately held software company based in California.
- Represented Irish company in bid to acquire US division of international conglomerate.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Gabriel is a member of the Boston and Massachusetts Bar Associations. Mr. Gabriel has served for several years as a volunteer writing coach with Citizen Schools’ Eighth Grade Academy program. Mr. Gabriel also serves as a consultant to the Center for Women & Enterprise, through which he provides pro bono advice to small businesses and start up entrepreneurs.