Suffolk University Law School
JD, 2005, summa cum laude
College of William & Mary
Jon Gabriel has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Mergers & Acquisitions: buy- and sell-side transactions for public and private companies in a wide range of industries and for private equity sponsors, including mergers, acquisitions, tender offers, leveraged buyouts and going private transactions.
Corporate & Securities: public offerings, venture capital, angel and debt financings, strategic partner negotiations, recapitalizations.
Public Company Compliance: corporate governance, public company reporting and regulatory compliance.
Cross Border: cross-border acquisitions and financings for US and international clients, US securities law advice for foreign private issuers.
- Represented private equity fund client in $270 million acquisition of private equity sponsored manufacturing company.
- Represented US public company in $40 million strategic acquisition of privately held software company based in the Netherlands.
- Advised Nasdaq-listed company on strategic negotiations, the adoption of new equity compensation plan, compliance with say on pay requirements and general corporate governance and periodic reporting matters.
- Represented rapidly growing technology company in multiple venture capital and strategic partner financing rounds and strategic alliance negotiations with major telecommunications companies.
- Represented underwriters in $55 million initial US public offering of Canadian company.
- Represented start up social gaming software company in organizational and angel financing matters.
- Represented private equity sponsored healthcare technology company in $130 million sale to major international corporation.
- Represented UK public company in $15 million US joint venture buyout and related private share issuance.
- Represented US public company in $20 million strategic acquisition of privately held software company based in California.
- Represented Irish company in bid to acquire US division of international conglomerate.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Gabriel is a member of the Boston and Massachusetts Bar Associations. He serves on the Board of Directors of South Shore Habitat for Humanity and the Board of Overseers of the South Shore Conservatory. Mr. Gabriel also serves as a consultant to the Center for Women & Enterprise, through which he provides pro bono advice to small businesses and start up entrepreneurs.