The Catholic University of America - Columbus School of Law
JD, 2004, magna cum laude
Note & Comment Editor, Catholic University Law Review
District of Columbia
US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
US District Court, Massachusetts
Meg Ives is a versatile litigator with more than seven years of experience representing clients in both federal and state courts. Her main area of expertise is representing leading hardware, software and life sciences corporations in high stakes patent infringement and trade secret litigation. She is also a member of Choate’s eDiscovery Task Force and a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Intellectual Property Litigation: patent and trade secret litigation and licensing disputes on behalf of software and hardware developers, telecommunications and internet service providers and biotechnology companies.
Major Commercial Litigation: complex business litigation involving contract disputes, business torts, securities litigation and government investigations for public and private corporations and financial institutions.
- Currently representing computer manufacturer in patent infringement litigation involving power management of personal computers (D Del).
- Currently representing smartphone manufacturer in class action lawsuit involving allegations of breach of implied warranty (D Mass).
- Currently representing software developer in declaratory judgment action concerning allegations of misappropriation of trade secrets (D NJ).
- Currently representing medical device manufacturer and its customers against allegations of patent infringement (D Del).
- Represented printer manufacturer in patent infringement case involving digital imaging technology (D Del).
- Represented manufacturer of scientific instruments in patent infringement action involving antibody affinity assays (D Mass).
- Represented materials manufacturer in declaratory judgment action involving the parties’ obligations under a cross licensing agreement (Del Ch Ct).
- Represented software manufacturer in patent and trade secret litigation related to speech recognition technology (WD Pa).
- Represented biopharmaceutical company in post-appeal patent infringement litigation involving recombinant proteins (D Mass).
- Represented individual and corporate defendants against claims of breach of fiduciary duty involving the valuation of dissenting shareholder’s rights (Mass Sup Ct).
Publications and Presentations
- “How Bowman V. Monsanto May Wreak Havoc On Biotechnology,” co-author, Life Sciences Law360, April 2013.
- “Strategies for Fighting Global Trade Secret Theft,” co-author, IP Law360, September 2012.
- “Avoiding Trade Secret Litigation in the Life Sciences,” co-author, IP Law360, August 2012.
- “Preempting Patent Litigation With 3rd-Party Submissions,” co-author, IP Law360, February 2012.
- “In the Wake of Bilski,” co-author, Law360, June 2009.
- “DC As a Breeding Ground for the Next Second Amendment Test Case: The Conflict within the US Attorney's Office,” Catholic University Law Review, Winter 2004.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Ives is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Worcester Bar Association. She is also on the Board of Directors of Pernet Family Health Services in Worcester, Massachusetts.