The Catholic University of America - Columbus School of Law
JD, 2004, magna cum laude
Note & Comment Editor, Catholic University Law Review
District of Columbia
US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
US District Court, Massachusetts
Meg Ives is a versatile litigator with years of experience representing leading hardware, software and life sciences corporations in high stakes patent infringement and trade secret litigation in the federal courts.
She is also a member of Choate’s eDiscovery Task Force and a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Intellectual Property Litigation: patent and trade secret litigation and licensing disputes on behalf of software and hardware developers, telecommunications and internet service providers and biotechnology companies.
Major Commercial Litigation: complex business litigation involving contract disputes, business torts, securities litigation and government investigations for public and private corporations and financial institutions.
- Currently defending Hewlett-Packard in patent litigation involving power management in personal computers.
St. Clair Intellectual Property Associates v. Hewlett-Packard, D Del
- Currently defending Avis, Dollar and Hertz in three separate patent litigations involving e-commerce technologies.
Pi-Net v. Avis; Pi-Net v. DTAG; Pi-Net v. Hertz, CD Cal
- Currently defending Akamai in patent litigation regarding multimedia steaming technology.
Akamai v. Afluo, D Del
- Currently representing AvePoint in declaratory judgment regarding alleged trade secret misappropriation of database management software.
AvePoint v. Janalent, D NJ
- Currently representing New England BioLabs in patent infringement action involving enzymes.
New England BioLabs v. Enzymatics, D Mass
- Represented medical device manufacturer, Facet Technologies, and its customers against allegations that its products infringed five separate patents directed to various reusable lancet device designs.
Stat Medical Devices Inc. v. CanAm Care, et al., D Del
- Defended Hewlett-Packard in patent infringement action related to digital imaging technology.
Polaroid Corp v. Hewlett-Packard, D Del
Publications and Presentations
- “How Bowman V. Monsanto May Wreak Havoc On Biotechnology,” co-author, Life Sciences Law360, April 2013.
- “Strategies for Fighting Global Trade Secret Theft,” co-author, IP Law360, September 2012.
- “Avoiding Trade Secret Litigation in the Life Sciences,” co-author, IP Law360, August 2012.
- “Preempting Patent Litigation With 3rd-Party Submissions,” co-author, IP Law360, February 2012.
- “In the Wake of Bilski,” co-author, Law360, June 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Ives is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Worcester Bar Association. She is also on the Board of Directors of Pernet Family Health Services in Worcester, Massachusetts.