Notre Dame Law School
JD, 2009, magna cum laude
Solicitations Editor, Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics, & Public Policy
BA, 2005, magna cum laude
Mark Fennell participated in the firm’s Summer Associate Program in 2008.
While attending law school, Mr. Fennell was a Thomas J. White Scholar and served as Solicitations Editor for the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy and participated in Notre Dame’s Consumer Law Clinic. Upon graduation, Mr. Fennell received the Outstanding Student Award from the National Clinical Legal Education Association for his work. After his first year in law school he externed with the Hon. David S. Doty of the Federal District Court of Minnesota.
Prior to law school, Mr. Fennell volunteered for the Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project in Philadelphia through the Jesuit Volunteer Corps and as an undergraduate, swam for Boston College’s NCAA Division 1 Men’s Swimming Team.
Mergers & Acquisitions: corporate transactions including mergers, acquisitions leveraged buyouts and private placements for companies in variety of industries.
Corporate & Securities: general corporate matters for private and start-up companies.
Finance: represents secured lenders, borrowers and equity sponsors in financing transactions.
- Assisted in representation of Chicago-based online advertising company in its $300 million sale to California-based public company.
- Worked in team representing private equity-backed holding company in its acquisition of New York-based manufacturing company.
- Assisted with representation of major wireless communications company in its acquisition of California-based technology company.
- Assisted in representation of agent in connection with $100 million syndicated revolving credit facility for manufacturer of musical instruments and public company.
- Counsels private companies in general corporate matters ranging from employee matters and securities law issues to equity compensation and business contract issues; assists in drafting and negotiating of financing documents for various rounds of private equity and venture capital financings.
- Counsels Choate Investment Advisors as to compliance issues related to Investment Advisors Act of 1940 and related SEC Regulations.
Presentations and Publications
- “The Gifting Doctrine v. the Absolute Priority Rule,” co-author, Bankruptcy Law360, March 2011.
- “Preserving Process in the Wake of Policy: The Need for Appointed Counsel in Immigration Removal Proceedings,” author, Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy 261, 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Fennell is highly involved in the Boston College Alumni Association and serves on Boston College’s Graduates of the Last Decade (GOLD) Committee. Mr. Fennell is a member of the Boston Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Association.