Georgetown University Law Center
JD, 2003, cum laude
AB, 2000, magna cum laude
US District Court, Massachusetts
Peter Moores has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star and is a member of the firm’s Major Commercial and Insurance and Reinsurance practice groups. His experience includes coverage disputes in environmental pollution and bodily injury cases and reinsurance disputes covering a wide variety of ceded losses. He also works with corporations, directors, and officers on SEC and corporate governance cases and contractual disputes.
Mr. Moores is accustomed to working with joint defense groups in complex actions involving multiple parties located domestically and internationally. He has also honed his jury trial and courtroom advocacy skills as a Special Assistant District Attorney for Suffolk County in Boston.
Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation: litigation on behalf of insurance companies in coverage disputes with insureds regarding potential liability arising from environmental pollution, asbestos, toxic torts and hazardous wastes; reinsurance arbitration and litigation on behalf of reinsurers and cedents.
Complex Commercial & Financial Litigation: litigation involving private securities litigation, SEC investigations into securities fraud; investment manager’s fiduciary duties; and breaches of contractual or joint venture relationships.
- Representation of company and CEO in shareholder derivatives suit alleging breaches of fiduciary duty and corporate mismanagement.
- Representation of national insurance company in multi-party coverage litigation between petroleum company and insurers involving thousands of environmental pollution claims derived from hundreds of different sites.
- Representation of former CEO of Fortune 500 technology company in US Attorney’s Office criminal investigation and litigation against SEC involving alleged securities fraud derived from improper revenue recognition.
- Representation of multinational cedent insurer in disputes with reinsurer over application of treaty language to ceded claims from policies underwritten at three different offices located in the U.S. Canada, and Europe.
Publications and Presentations
- “Insurers: New Tools to Remove CAFA Cases to Fed. Court,” author, Insurance Law360, May 2012.
- “Pretrial Litigation Basics: Trial Preparation,” co-instructor, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Boston, 2008, 2009 & 2010.
- “Iqbal's Impact on SEC Enforcement Actions,” co-author, Law360, April 2010.
- “Liability for Long-Tail Claims: Pro Rata Or All Sums?” co-author, Law360, November 2009.
- “Will There be an Onslaught of ARS Litigation?” co-author, Law360, July 2009.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Moores is a member of the Boston Bar Association and American Bar Association. He currently serves on the BBA’s Energy and Telecommunications Steering Committee. Mr. Moores serves as a Judge Advocate General officer in the Massachusetts Army National Guard and volunteers his time with Citizen Schools afterschool program.