University of Connecticut Law School
JD, 2008, high honors
BA, 2005, summa cum laude
While attending law school, Samantha Krasner served as executive editor for the Connecticut Law Review and as president of the Tax Law Society and Student Animal Legal Defense Fund. Ms. Krasner served as a teaching assistant for the First Year Legal Writing Program and Moot Court Program.
Ms. Krasner externed with the Honorable Alvin W. Thompson, US District Court Judge for the District of Connecticut, where she assisted in drafting a variety of judicial opinions. Ms. Krasner won the Alva P. Loiselle Moot Court Competition. Upon graduation, she was awarded the Edward L. Stephenson Memorial Prize and graduated with high honors. Ms. Krasner is an associate in the firm's Major Commercial Litigation Group, which is ranked in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading practice.
Major Commercial Litigation and Government Enforcement & Compliance: assists in representation of leading corporations, financial institutions and individuals in complex commercial litigation, government investigations and general commercial advice.
Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation: assists in reinsurance arbitration and litigation on behalf of reinsurers and cedents, and arbitration and litigation for insurance companies involving coverage disputes.
- Assists client in defense of SEC investigation.
- Member of team representing major pharmaceutical company in large, multi-year federal investigation into sales and marketing practices.
- Assists domestic and international insurance and reinsurance clients with arbitration matters.
- Drafted motion for summary judgment and discovery responses for financial institution regarding dispute over sale of commercial mortgage-backed securities.
- Conducted various research and writing assignments as part of preparation for panel on protecting evidentiary privileges during internal investigations.
- Member of team representing major telecommunications company regarding antitrust and unfair and deceptive trade practices issues.
- Researched and drafted successful brief in opposition to petition for writ of certiorari to US Supreme Court regarding protected speech and due process issues.
- Successfully represented individual in hearing before Administrative Law Judge regarding individual’s right to Social Security disability benefits.
Publications and Presentations
- “Balancing Right of Publicity and the 1st Amendment,” co-author, IP Law360, July 2010.
- "America’s Addiction to Oil: A Comprehensive Strategy for Reducing Our Nation’s Dependence," author, Connecticut Law Review, November 2007.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Krasner is a member of the Boston Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Association. She is a member of the Animal Law Practice Group of the Massachusetts Bar Association. She represents individuals through the Lawyers Clearinghouse and the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project. She is a volunteer with PAWS New England and fosters rescue dogs.