Boston College Law School
BA, 1994, magna cum laude
Steve Tonkovich provides his clients with practical business and legal counsel to meet their unique needs. Mr. Tonkovich has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star four times.
Debt & Equity Financings: senior and subordinated secured and unsecured debt financings (including asset-based and cash-flow loans), public offerings both as company and underwriter counsel and private equity offerings by public companies.
Mergers and Acquisitions: corporate transactions for public and private companies, including all types of mergers, acquisitions and leveraged buyouts for companies in a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology and emerging growth industries.
Private Equity: all aspects of fund formation, capital raising and acquisition of target companies for search funds and private equity funds.
- Represented lender in $75 million debtor-in-possession facility for furniture retailer.
- Represented lender in $115 million working capital/acquisition facility for national toy retailer.
- Represented lender in $35 million working capital/acquisition facility for international manufacturing company.
- Represented underwriters in $54 million public stock offering in the US and Canada.
- Represented issuer in $17 million public stock offering.
- Represented underwriters in $40 million biotech public stock offering.
- Represented underwriters in $41 million technology public stock offering.
- Represented private equity fund in $57 million acquisition of parcel delivery company.
- Represented private equity fund in $185 million acquisition of store fixture companies.
- Represented private equity fund in $102 million sale of healthcare company.
- Represented family-owned seed manufacturing business in $42 million sale to private equity fund.
Presentations and Publications
- “How to Raise a Search Fund,” author, Boston College Financial, summer 2010.
- “Fund a Search Fund: Raising Capital for Entrepreneurs Looking to Buy a Business,” panelist, Boston College’s MBA Entrepreneurship Club, March 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Tonkovich is a member of the Boston and Massachusetts Bar Associations and the Association for Corporate Growth.