Jim McDaniel, Lee Feldman, Andy Hickey, Fred Callori, Bill Asher
With a presence in 40 major cities nationwide, Yodle is the fastest growing local online advertising company in the US. Choate attorneys have advised Yodle, headquartered in New York City, since shortly after founding and throughout the company’s development, beginning with the Series A investment by Bessemer Venture Partners. As the company’s outside general counsel, Choate attorneys have represented Yodle through several follow-on rounds of equity and debt financing and for a wide range of general corporate matters, including Yodle’s acquisition of ProfitFuel, a national online advertising company based in Austin, Texas aimed at small businesses. Yodle was recently named to Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies” list.
"this is a team that places a real emphasis on relationships; clients of all sizes enthused about the attention they received and likened the relationships to those with in-house counsel"
Premier Capital Markets Practice
Extensive experience in equity and debt capital markets transactions representing US companies, foreign issuers, investment banks and investors in registered public offerings and exempt transactions, including IPOs, follow-on offerings, registered direct offerings, PIPEs and 144A offerings.
Public securities and public equity offerings with proceeds over $17 billion.
Specialists in Alternative Equity Financing Structures
Specialists in navigating nuances of alternative equity financing structures, including registered direct offerings, confidentially marketed public offerings, bought deals and private investments public equity (PIPEs).
Experts in Cross-Border Financing
Extensive experience as US counsel to numerous Canadian companies involved in cross-border financing with US financing sources and commercial activities into the US. Expert in acting for European companies in public offerings and exempt financings in the US.
Deep Industry Expertise
Preeminent IP and technical due diligence capabilities in medical devices, life sciences, healthcare services, communications, media and technology and energy/utilities.
Highly Experienced in Public Offerings
Highly experienced in representing placement agents, underwriters and companies in successful equity offerings, including:
- $350 million public offering for NSTAR (Energy/Utilities)
- $53 million initial public offering for SciQuest (Technology)
- $77.3 million follow-on offering for SciQuest (Technology)
- $56.9 million follow-on offering by NPS Pharmaceuticals (Life Sciences)
- $47.7 million follow-on offering by Insulet (Medical Devices)
- $60.9 million follow-on offering by Bottomline Technologies (Computer Software)
- $19.55 million follow-on offering by Local.com (Search Engine)
- $32.27 million registered direct offering for DexCom (Medical Devices)
- $24.2 million registered direct offering for Fuel Cell (Clean-Tech)
- $31.68 million initial public offering for GLG (Consumer Products)
- $37.44 million registered direct offering for Headwaters Incorporated (Building Products and Clean-Tech)
- $60 million initial public offering for Salary.com (Application Software)
- $57.5 million initial public offering for Targanta Therapeutics (Biopharmaceutical)
- $59.3 million registered direct offering for Northern Oil & Gas (Energy Exploration)
- $40.6 million follow-on offering for Universal Display Corporation (Computer Peripherals)
Securities Law Compliance
Extensive experience in advising issuers in complex areas of securities law compliance including periodic reporting requirements, proxy and consent solicitations and general compliance with requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
Leading Securities Litigation Practice
Leading litigation practice representing public companies and directors and officers in securities fraud cases across US, including:
- Internal investigations
- SEC, NASD and stock exchange investigations
- SEC civil and criminal investigations and proceedings
- Class actions
- Derivative suits
- Financial fraud
70 lawyers and support team of specialists in corporate, securities, finance, tax, litigation, IP, antitrust, employment and creditors’ rights. Lawyers throughout practice areas consistently receive national recognition for excellence.