Brian Goldstein, David Brown, John Meltaus, Steve Hurwitz, Karen Copenhaver, Larry Naughton
“transactions in the UK, Ireland, Australia and Mexico, illustrate the sheer breadth of the practice”
The Legal 500
Sophisticated International Practice
Representing leading US companies in their most sophisticated international transactions. Representing non-US companies in all their US legal needs from numerous foreign jurisdictions, especially Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Preeminent Canada cross-border practice.
International recognition for excellence, including:
- World’s Leading Lawyers, International Who’s Who of Lawyers, Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500
- Ranked among the top “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide based on number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed in 2011 (PE Analyst)
- Ranked among the top “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide based on number of private equity and venture capital funds worked on for general partners and limited partners that closed in 2011. (PE Analyst)
- Ranked nationally among the top law firms in the US for Middle-Market M&A and Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (The Legal 500, guide to the preeminent law firms in US)
- Mergers and acquisitions with value over $50 billion.
- Senior and mezzanine/subordinated financings with proceeds over
- Public company securities offerings with proceeds of over $17 billion.
- Private placements with proceeds over $3.6 billion.
175 lawyers and support team of specialists in corporate and securities, finance, tax, antitrust, employment, real estate and creditors’ rights. Close relationships with top-tier counsel in foreign jurisdictions.
IP – Maximizing Value
Lawyers with PhDs and other advanced degrees perform cutting edge work and strategic planning in technology and life sciences; patent prosecution; trademarks; copyright; and unfair competition. Internationally recognized IP litigation practice. Named “Go-to-Firm” in IP in 2008’s “Who Represents America’s Biggest Companies.”
Leader in Commercial Litigation
Expert trial lawyers represent clients in significant and complex commercial litigation and arbitrations in numerous foreign countries. Named “Go-to Firm” in Litigation in 2013 by Corporate Counsel.
World-Class Licensing Capability
Among most experienced and knowledgeable licensing lawyers in world in all areas including open source.
Major sponsor and contributor to international organizations, such as Innovation Norway, Enterprise Ireland, Canadian Venture Capital Association.