David Rickerby, Brian Goldstein, John Meltaus, Bob Jahrling, David Brown, Bill Asher, Larry Naughton, Karen Copenhaver
- toggleGerald Quirk Joins Choate
Gerald Quirk, former Vice President of Corporate Affairs and General Counsel at Nasdaq-listed Infinity Pharmaceuticals, has joined the firm as co-chair of the Life Sciences Group. Read more...
With a presence in 40 major cities nationwide, Yodle is the fastest growing local online advertising company in the US. Choate attorneys have advised Yodle, headquartered in New York City, since shortly after founding and throughout the company’s development, beginning with the Series A investment by Bessemer Venture Partners. As the company’s outside general counsel, Choate attorneys have represented Yodle through several follow-on rounds of equity and debt financing and for a wide range of general corporate matters, including Yodle’s acquisition of ProfitFuel, a national online advertising company based in Austin, Texas aimed at small businesses. Yodle was recently named to Forbes’ “Most Promising Companies” list.
"this is a team that places a real emphasis on relationships; clients of all sizes enthused about the attention they received and likened the relationships to those with in-house counsel"
Experts in Technology & Life Sciences
Premier Venture Capital Practice
Represent investors and emerging companies in full range of venture financings across industries, geographies, and investment strategies. Read more...
Experts in Mergers & Acquisitions
Expert representation of acquirers, targets, financing sources and investment bankers in public and private mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international. Read more...
- Mergers and acquisitions with value over $50 billion.
- Public company securities offerings with proceeds of over $17 billion.
- Private placements with proceeds over $3.6 billion.
IP – Maximizing Value
Lawyers with PhDs and other advanced degrees perform cutting edge work and strategic planning in technology and life sciences. One of first major Boston firms to establish patent group. Nationally recognized IP litigation practice. Read more...
World-Class Licensing Capability
Among most experienced and knowledgeable licensing lawyers in US in all areas including open source.
Technology and life sciences company transactions in almost all 50 states and many foreign countries, especially in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Preeminent US – Canada cross-border practice.
- Ranked among the top “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide based on number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed in 2011 (Private Equity Analyst)
- Ranked nationally among the top law firms in the US for Middle-Market M&A and Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (The Legal 500, guide to the preeminent law firms in US)
- Ranked among the top “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide based on number of private equity and venture capital funds worked on for general partners and limited partners that closed in 2011 (Private Equity Analyst)