Brian Goldstein, John Meltaus, Bob Jahrling, David Brown, Bill Asher, Larry Naughton, Karen Copenhaver
Choate was ranked among the best law firms in this year's US News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" list, and has been named as an elite "National Tier 1" law firm in 4 practice areas. Choate also received top "Tier 1" Boston rankings in 27 practice areas. Read more...
- toggleRees Hawkins Named to “40 Under 40” List by M&A Advisor
Rees Hawkins has been selected as one of The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 Award Winners in the Legal Advisor category. Read more...
- toggleKaren Copenhaver Named 2013 Top Woman of Law
Karen Copenhaver has been named a “Top Woman of Law” by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly for her accomplishments in the legal community. Read more...
"this is a team that places a real emphasis on relationships; clients of all sizes enthused about the attention they received and likened the relationships to those with in-house counsel"
Experts in Technology & Life Sciences
Premier Venture Capital Practice
Represent investors and emerging companies in full range of venture financings across industries, geographies, and investment strategies. Read more...
Experts in Mergers & Acquisitions
Expert representation of acquirers, targets, financing sources and investment bankers in public and private mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international. Read more...
- Mergers and acquisitions with value over $55 billion.
- Public company securities offerings with proceeds of over $18 billion.
- Private placements with proceeds over $3.6 billion.
IP – Maximizing Value
Lawyers with PhDs and other advanced degrees perform cutting edge work and strategic planning in technology and life sciences. One of first major Boston firms to establish patent group. Nationally recognized IP litigation practice. Read more...
World-Class Licensing Capability
Among most experienced and knowledgeable licensing lawyers in US in all areas including open source.
Technology and life sciences company transactions in almost all 50 states and many foreign countries, especially in Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Preeminent US – Canada cross-border practice.
- Ranked among the top “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide based on number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed in 2012 (Private Equity Analyst)
- Ranked nationally among the top law firms in the US for Middle-Market M&A and Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (The Legal 500, guide to the preeminent law firms in US)
- Ranked among the top “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide based on number of private equity and venture capital funds worked on for general partners and limited partners that closed in 2012 (Private Equity Analyst)