Christina Lau represents leading technology, life sciences, and biopharmaceutical companies in patent infringement and trade secret litigation, as well as individuals and corporations in sophisticated commercial litigation. She is experienced in counseling clients and handling disputes involving intellectual property, private equity contracts, and corporate fiduciary matters. Christina has represented clients at all stages of litigation, including at trial and appeal.
Christina previously served as a Special Assistant District Attorney at the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, where she prosecuted criminal matters on behalf of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. She maintains an active pro bono practice and has counseled and represented clients regarding housing, unemployment assistance, and criminal matters.
- Ongoing representation of molecular information company in patent infringement litigations and inter partes review proceedings related to next generation sequencing analysis (District of Delaware and PTAB).
- Ongoing representation of pharmaceutical company in a patent infringement litigation related to the treatment of hereditary angioedema (District of Delaware).
- Ongoing representation of commercial fishery and industrial marine equipment supplier in breach of contract action (Bristol County Superior Court, MA).
- Ongoing representation, as trial counsel, of directors and officers of closely held corporation in direct and shareholder derivative suit (Middlesex County Superior Court, MA).
- Part of trial team that successfully secured a defense verdict on behalf of private equity firm in breach of stock purchase agreement action (Delaware Court of Chancery).
- Represented medical device company in patent infringement litigation related to endoscopic vessel harvesting technology (Northern District of California).
- Represented private equity firm in a fraud and breach of asset purchase agreement action (Delaware Court of Chancery).
- Represented multinational computer technology company in temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction proceedings related to trade secret misappropriation and breaches of restrictive covenants (Middlesex County Superior Court, MA).
- Represented multinational enterprise information technology company in preliminary injunction hearing alleging breach of software development contract (Providence/Bristol County Superior Court, RI).
- Represented pro bono client in criminal proceedings in the District of Massachusetts, including securing a reduction in sentence.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Active member of the Choate Women’s Network, Choate’s Pro Bono Committee, and the Firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts
- Member of the Boston Lawyers Group
- Member of the Boston Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Member of the Asian American Lawyers Association of Massachusetts
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 2016, Homer Albers Prize Moot Court Competition, Co-Director
- American Journal of Law & Medicine, Note Editor
- Boston University
- BA, 2011, magna cum laude
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts