David Katz's practice focuses on private equity transactions, private investment fund formation, and mergers & acquisitions. He has also handled corporate transactions for both public and private companies, including mergers, acquisitions and sales in a variety of industries.
He has experience in a wide array of industries, including software, healthcare, financial services, medical practices, IT, cloud services, consulting, professional services, among others.
Mr. Katz has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star every year since 2012.
Private Equity: Advises private equity clients and their portfolio companies through all phases of their investment process, beginning at a fund's formation and continuing through the fund's investments (including growth equity, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, roll-up strategies, add-on acquisitions and divestitures) and exits.
General Corporate & Securities and Mergers and Acquisitions: Representing clients in numerous corporate transactions, including financing, mergers, acquisitions and sales in a variety of industries.
- Mainsail Partners in its investments in PeraHealth and GTreasury.
- BV Investment Partners in investments, including INetU, Inc. and ECRM.
- Century Equity Partners in numerous deals, including investments in BrightClaim, PriorityCare Solutions, Provant Health Solutions, Client First Settlement Funding and Flores & Associates.
- New Heritage Capital in its acquisition of ProTransport-1, a provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems and additional add-on acquisitions.
- Riverside Partners including in connection with its acquisitions of Loftware, R&D Altanova, BottomLine Systems, Alarm Funding and Calero.
- Summit Partners in connection with its transactions with MDVIP, Fuze, Inc., Clearwater Analytics, Hiperos and LakePharma.
- Private investment fund formation including for Riverside Partners, Mainsail Partners, Fort Point Capital, Vertical Venture Partners, Maniv Mobility, and Spindletop Capital.
Publications and Presentations
- “The NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement," presenter, Boston College Law School, November 2008.
- “The Veteran Premium Problem: the Effects of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement on Veteran Players,” guest speaker, Harvard Law School, October 2008.
Education & Credentials
- Harvard Law School
- JD, 2008, cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania
- BA, 2005, magna cum laude
David Katz, Counsel in Choate’s Private Equity Group, was recently named a winner of M&A Advisor’s 2018 “Emerging Leader” award.
Choate represented G Treasury SS, LLC, a portfolio company of Mainsail Partners, in its cross-border acquisition of Visual Risk Pty Ltd, an Australian private company.
Choate recently advised The Beekman Group in its investment in Riccobene Associates Family Dentistry, a provider of comprehensive general and multi-specialty dental services with modern, well-appointed dental offices.
Calero Software, LLC, a portfolio company of Riverside Partners, has closed two add-on acquisitions since being backed by Riverside Partners four months ago.