Peter Alvarez is a versatile corporate lawyer who brings a results-driven approach to his representation of private equity funds, portfolio companies, and other businesses in mergers, acquisitions, and investments. He works with companies across a variety of industries, including healthcare, technology, life sciences, and financial services, both in the U.S. and internationally.
His clients have included Great Hill Partners, Summit Partners, BV Investment Partners, Sunstone Partners, and Riverside Partners.
Peter also provides education-related pro bono counsel through Choate’s affiliation with the EdLaw Project.
- Great Hill Partners in its $1.8 billion sale of Ascenty, the leading data center company in Brazil, to Digital Realty (NYSE: DLR).
- BV Investment Partners in the sale of Plasco ID, a leading provider of access control and visitor management solutions, to Barcodes Group, Inc., a portfolio company of Odyssey Investment Partners.
- BV Investment Partners in the carve-out sale of Health Information Designs, a national leader in analytics and pharmacy management, to KEPRO.
- Summit Partners and its portfolio company Club Champion, a leading provider of custom golf club fitting services, in its sale to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
- Eliassen Group, LLC in the sale of its IT staffing business to Stone Point Capital.
- Answers Corporation in the carve-out sale of its subsidiary Webcollage, Inc., the developer of a SaaS platform that offers a suite of content management services for brands and retailers.
- Riverside Partners in its acquisition of a security alarm funding business, Alarm Funding Associates, LLC, from Keyser Capital, LLC, a Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. subsidiary.
- EXFO Inc., a Canadian provider of test automation and real-time 3D analytics solutions, in its acquisition of Absolute Analysis, Inc.
- Threat Stack, a leader in cloud infrastructure security, in its acquisition of Bluefyre, an application security vendor.
- Rodeo Dental & Orthodontics in its investment from Bain Capital Double Impact.
- Mainsail Partners in its growth equity investment in PeraHealth, Inc., a California company that specializes in predictive, real-time clinical surveillance solutions that owns the Rothman Index.
- Volition Capital in its investment in Broker Genius, an event ticket-pricing technology company.
- Trinity Partners, a life sciences and pharmaceutical strategy consulting firm, in their investment from Parthenon Capital Partners.
- Indian venture capital fund in the secondary sale of limited partnership interests.
- Private equity fund in the leveraged buyout of a healthcare IT cloud services provider.
- PE-backed wireless operator in their joint venture agreement with another wireless provider to combine their businesses in Puerto Rico.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Boston Bar Association
- Member of the Boston University Law Alumni Executive Committee
- Chair of the Board of Directors of Union Capital Boston
- Alumnus of Teach for America
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 2014
- Boston College
- BA, 2006
E. Peter's Insights
Choate represented PWNHealth in its acquisition by Everlywell, a leading digital health company, and in the creation of Everly Health.
Choate represented BV Investment Partners in its significant minority investment into TopBloc, a Workday services partner.
Choate represented Rodeo Dental & Orthodontics in its investment from Bain Capital Double Impact, the impact investing business of Bain Capital.
Choate represented Summit Partners and its portfolio company, Club Champion, in its sale to Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
Choate represented Riverside Partners and its portfolio company, Eliassen Group, LLC, in the sale of Eliassen to funds managed by Stone Point Capital LLC.
Choate represented Great Hill Partners, a leading growth-oriented private equity firm, in its definitive cross-border agreement to sell its controlling interest in portfolio company Ascenty, LLC, the largest provider of data center and fiber infrastructure services in Brazil, to Digital Realty (NYSE: DLR). The transaction values the company at over $1.8 billion.