Peter Alvarez joined the Firm in 2016, and is a member of Choate's Private Equity Group.
Prior to joining Choate, Mr. Alvarez was an associate at a large international law firm where he represented and advised mid-market private equity funds with regard to mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, asset sales, deal structuring, conversions, general transactional matters, add-on acquisitions and equity and debt financing. Prior to law school, Mr. Alvarez was a middle school teacher.
Business & Technology: represents public and private companies in a variety of industries in mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance issues, venture capital equity financings and general corporate work.
Private Equity: represents funds of all types in aspects of capital raising and acquisitions of target companies.
- Advised private equity funds in transactions valued between $1 million and $700 million in value.
- Member of team representing private equity fund in majority investment into property contracting services company through multi-million dollar recapitalization, featuring debt financing, equity investment, co-investors and rollover equity of property contracting services company.
- Member of team representing private equity fund in $20 million leveraged buyout of aerospace component manufacturer.
- Member of team representing healthcare facility valuation company in $70 million sale, including rollover equity and cash out consideration for certain equity holders.
- Represented portfolio company in several strategic add-on asset acquisitions of contractor staffing companies between $1 million and $6 million in value.
- Represented, advised, assisted and provided counsel to private equity funds and companies in transactions that included federal regulatory filings, local regulatory and industry filings, representation and warranty insurance, co-investments, cross-border diligence, manufacturing long-term agreements, employee equity incentives and state-based restrictive covenant agreements.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Alvarez is a member of the Boston Bar Association. He currently serves as a board member for Strategies for Youth and is a member of the Boston University Law Alumni Executive Committee. He also is the Vice Chair on the Board of Directors at Union Capital Boston.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 2014
- Boston College
- BA, 2006
E. Peter's Insights
Choate reached a settlement with a Massachusetts public school district (the “District”) for a client through our pro bono collaboration with the Ed Law Project.
Choate recently represented Trinity Partners, LLC in its investment from Parthenon Capital Partners.