Genevieve Aguilar is a member of the firm’s litigation department. Ms. Aguilar focuses her practice on representing corporations in a wide range of litigation matters, with primary emphasis on complex trial and appellate litigation, labor and employment issues and government investigations.
Genevieve has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Complex Trial & Appellate Litigation: Representation of individuals and corporations in complex commercial litigation.
Labor, Employment & Benefits: assists in representation of companies and individuals in all aspects of employment litigation and arbitration, including breach of employment contracts, restrictive covenants, wage and hour violations and discrimination.
- Ongoing representation of private equity firm in action involving fraud and breach of representations and warranties by sellers of portfolio company.
- Representation of leading insurance company in jury trial to rescind $25 million product contamination insurance policy in light of material misrepresentations made by policyholder during the policy application process. Resulted in order granting favorable equitable relief declaring insurance policy rescinded.
- Defense of medical device manufacturer in multi-year industry-wide qui tam action regarding sales and marketing practices. Resulted in partial summary judgment and favorable settlement.
- Representation of major casino operator in appeal before the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lead counsel in successful defense of private equity holding company against discrimination charge and appeal before state agency.
- Ongoing defense of multinational corporations in state and federal investigations.
- Defense of major financial institution in multi-year federal anti-money laundering investigation.
- Counsel large and small employers regarding employee handbooks, employee leave issues, employment severance agreements, employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, and discrimination and harassment allegations.
- Assist pro bono clients in obtaining public housing and immigration relief.
- Second chair in homicide trial in Suffolk County Superior Court, resulting in a second-degree murder conviction.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Aguilar volunteers with Citizen Schools, coaching a mock trial program for middle school students at underperforming Boston schools. Ms. Aguilar also serves as a mentor to first-year law students through Boston Lawyer’s Group, whose mission is to support the efforts of its member organizations to identify, recruit, advance and retain attorneys of color.
Ms. Aguilar is a member of the Boston Bar Association and Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys. She is also an active participant of the firm’s pro bono program.
Prior to joining the firm in 2014, Ms. Aguilar worked in the Homicide Unit of the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, where she assisted in the prosecution of homicide cases.
Education & Credentials
- University of Virginia School of Law
- JD, 2013
Senior Editor, Virginia Tax Review
Earle K. Shawe Labor Relations Award
- Colorado College
- BA, 2010, magna cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
U.S District Court, Massachusetts