Johanna Goulding is an associate in the Wealth Management Group. Ms. Goulding assists in the representation of high net worth individuals and families in a broad range of wealth management matters, including gift and estate planning, estate administration and implementation of charitable goals.
Before joining the Wealth Management group, Ms. Goulding was an associate in the Firm’s business department where she focused her practice on a variety of matters, including sponsor and strategic led corporate transactions. Ms. Goulding also counseled clients with respect to corporate governance, employee arrangements and strategic matters.
Ms. Goulding participated in the Firm’s summer associate program in 2011 after her second year of law school. While attending Boston University School of Law, she participated in the school’s peer mentoring program. After her first year of law school, she interned at Warner Music Group in New York City, where she assisted in-house counsel with mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters.
Wealth Management: counsels individuals and families in matters ranging from basic estate planning to sophisticated strategies for lifetime asset management strategies, including tax efficient transfers designed to preserve family wealth.
Tax-Exempt Organizations: represents public charities and private foundations in applying for and maintaining tax-exempt status.
- Works closely with teams advising family members across multiple generations to facilitate tax efficient transfer of wealth.
- Drafts estate planning documents, including wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts and grantor retained annuity trusts.
- Represented pro bono client in connection with dissolution of a Massachusetts public charity.
- Represented client in connection with investment in international private equity fund.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Goulding is a member of the Dana Farber Leadership Council. She has also participated in the Citizen Schools program through Choate.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 2012
- Staff Member, American Journal of Law and Medicine
- Boston College
- BA, 2005, high honors