Lindsey Spinelli is a member of Choate's Litigation Department and focuses her practice on insurance and reinsurance matters. Ms. Spinelli represents insurers, reinsurers, and other companies in complex business disputes.
Prior to joining Choate, Ms. Spinelli was a Managing Associate at Dentons US LLP in Chicago. There, she litigated complex civil and criminal cases in federal and state courts, including insurance coverage, insurance bad faith, and securities and commodities matters.
Ms. Spinelli attended Yale Law School. During law school, she externed at the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Connecticut and was an active member of the Yale Environmental Law Association and the Yale Journal on Regulation. Following law school, Ms. Spinelli clerked for the Honorable Alvin W. Thompson in the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut and served as a law fellow for the Environmental Law & Policy Center.
Litigation: representation of leading corporations and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation.
Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation: litigation and arbitration on behalf of insurance and reinsurance companies involving disputes regarding coverage for variety of claims.
- Currently representing reinsurers in arbitrations.
- Obtained successful jury verdict for insurer in bad faith case regarding coverage for pollution cleanup.
- Defeated preliminary injunction sought against enterprise computing company relating to software development contract with state government.
- Defended brokerage firm in suit alleging fraud and securities law violations arising out of alleged naked short sales.
- Represented white-collar criminal defendant in post-trial and sentencing proceedings.
Education & Credentials
Yale School of Law
Executive Editor & Features Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
AB, 2006, Phi Beta Kappa
District of Massachusetts
Northern District of Illinois
- Honorable Alvin W. Thompson
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut