Nicole Jackson assists in the representation of high net worth individuals and families in a broad range of wealth management matters, including gift and estate planning, estate administration and implementation of charitable goals.
Wealth Management: counsel individuals and families in matters ranging from basic estate planning to sophisticated strategies for lifetime asset transfers designed to minimize taxes and preserve family wealth.
International Estate Planning: assist with gift and estate planning for multiple generations of international families.
Tax-Exempt Organizations: represent public charities and private foundations in applying for and maintaining tax exempt status.
- Assisted family with development of governance structure to facilitate management of family wealth over multiple generations.
- Drafted non-judicial settlement agreement to modify trust in accordance with grantor’s intent.
- Assisted in trust termination, including drafting petition for instruction from probate court on modification of a trust and the cy pres doctrine.
- Represented fiduciaries in matters before probate court, including waiver of conservators and guardians for minors and allowance of trustees’ probate accounts.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Jackson serves as a Court Appointed Special Advocate in Boston. During law school, Ms. Jackson participated in the Family Alternative Dispute Resolution Clinic, where she facilitated mediations involving child custody and visitation disputes. She also participated in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program, where she prepared income tax returns for members of the Charlottesville, Virginia community. Prior to law school, Ms. Jackson volunteered as a student advocate at Shelter Legal Services in Newton, Massachusetts, where she assisted clients at a walk-in legal aid clinic. She was also an intern at the Youth Advocacy Project in Roxbury, Massachusetts.
Education & Credentials
- University of Virginia School of Law
- JD, 2013
- Editorial Board, Virginia Tax Review
- Northeastern University
- BS, 2010, summa cum laude