Rachel Connors counsels leading financial institutions and borrowers in a broad range of complex finance and restructuring transactions. Her practice is focused primarily on syndicated debt financing, asset‑based financing, sports financing and other strategic financing across a variety of industries and business sectors.
Ms. Connors has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Finance: represents secured lenders, borrowers and equity sponsors in a wide range of financing transactions, including asset-based and cash flow financings.
Bankruptcy & Restructuring: represents secured creditors and debtors in a variety of creditors’ rights and insolvency matters, including restructuring, workouts, and cash collateral and debtor-in-possession financings.
Private Equity: represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in commercial financing transactions.
- Represented Bank of America, NA as agent for syndicate of banks and syndicate of insurance companies in connection with $1.4 billion revolving credit and term credit facilities established by Office of Commissioner of Major League Baseball for twenty-one clubs.
- Represented agent in connection with $250 million syndicated revolving credit facility in connection with take-private acquisition of retail chain by leading private equity fund.
- Represented agent in connection with $165 million syndicated revolving credit facility for Major League Baseball club.
- Represented public utilities company in multiple underwritten debt offerings.
- Represented agent in connection with $120 million syndicated revolving and term loan credit facilities for National Hockey League team.
- Represented lender in senior secured construction and term loan facility for acquisition, development and operation of wind-powered generating units.
- Represented various banking institutions in connection with senior secured asset-based credit facilities to retailers and manufacturers.
- Represented insurance company in connection with senior secured and senior subordinated note purchases for acquisition of National Basketball Association team.
- Represented Chapter 11 debtor in connection with Section 363 sale to its senior lender syndicate.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Connors regularly provides pro bono legal advice at the Center for Women & Enterprise, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping women start and grow their own businesses. Ms. Connors is also a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Business Associates Club.
Education & Credentials
- Suffolk University Law School
- JD, 2009, summa cum laude
- Associate Production Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- Quinnipiac University
- BA, 2006, summa cum laude
Rachel 's Insights
Choate has elevated nine of its attorneys, across all five of its core focus areas, to Counsel effective May 1, 2018.
Choate recently advised Aegis Chemical Solutions, LLC, a portfolio company of Intervale Capital, on the financing of a $26 million senior secured credit facility provided by PNC Bank.