Rebecca Wilsker represents private equity funds, growth equity funds, and their portfolio companies throughout their life cycles, including acquisitions, equity investments, sales, and other significant transactions. A member of Choate’s business department, Ms. Wilsker also advises companies on corporate governance matters, equity compensation, financings, and commercial transactions. Prior to joining Choate, Ms. Wilsker worked for Fidelity Investments.
Ms. Wilsker has repeatedly been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star.
Practice Areas: Private Equity, Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Capital, Business & Technology, Emerging Companies, International.
Private Equity: Represents funds of all types throughout their investment process – from initial investment to exit, including a variety of complex interim transactions. Advises portfolio companies on strategic and commercial matters.
Mergers & Acquisitions: Advises clients in mergers, acquisitions, and leveraged buyouts for private companies in a variety of industries, including software, telecommunications, and healthcare.
- Represented private equity fund in a $225 million leveraged buyout of a cloud services company.
- Represented private equity fund in numerous cross-border transactions, including investments in targets based in Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
- Represented private equity fund in $50 investment in a leading Midwestern telecommunications company.
- Represented private equity fund in a $35 million Series B investment in a digital communications and publishing company.
- Represented European public company in a $65 million strategic acquisition of a U.S.-based consulting and product development company.
- Advised private equity funds in multiple acquisitions and growth equity investments, focusing on software and tech targets.
- Represented sellers in a $40 million sale of a software company serving the insurance industry to a large public company.
- Represented underwriters in public debt offerings totaling $950 million for a New England based energy company.
Publications and Presentations
- "Practical Tips for Canadian Companies Launching in the U.S. Market," Canadian Entrepreneurs in New England's 48hrs in the Hub, Boston, April 2015.
- “Broadening Enforcement of Exec Compensation Clawbacks,” co-author, White Collar Law360, December 2011.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Wilsker is a member of Women’s Association of Venture & Equity. She is also active in educational and advocacy initiatives relating to LGBT and civil rights issues in her community. Ms. Wilsker is a member of the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.
Education & Credentials
- The George Washington University Law School
- JD, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania
- BA, 2007, summa cum laude
Choate recently advised M/C Partners and its portfolio company, Everstream Solutions LLC, in its definitive agreement to sell Everstream to AMP Capital.
Choate recently advised New Heritage Capital in its acquisition of a minority stake in Flying Colours Corp., an Ontario-based provider of private jet refurbishment, completion, and MRO services.
Choate represented Great Hill Partners in its acquisition of Reliam, a leading provider of managed services for public cloud platforms, and the addition of serial entrepreneur (and newly former Great Hill executive-in-residence) Simon Anderson as CEO.