Mr. DeSisto participated in Choate's summer associate program in 2014. During law school he served as the Associate Production Editor for the Suffolk University Law Review. Mr. DeSisto interned at the Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office Appeals Bureau where he responded to motions and argued before the Massachusetts Appeals Court on behalf of the Commonwealth.
Prior to law school, Mr. DeSisto worked as a National Account Manager for the Harpoon Brewery where he was responsible for chain bar and restaurant business across the company’s twenty-eight state distribution area.
Business & Technology: represents public and private companies in a variety of industries in mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance issues, venture capital equity financings and general corporate work.
Private Equity: represents funds of all types in aspects of capital raising and acquisitions of target companies.
- Represented a network security and automation company in a $20 million sale to a public company strategic.
- Represented a private equity fund in its $75 million acquisition of tech-enabled finance and accounting services company featuring rep & warranty insurance and an Indian subsidiary.
- Represented Datawatch Corporation, a public data analytics company, in its $176 million tender offer sale to Altair Engineering (NAS: ALTR), a public data visualization and simulation company.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $84 million cross-border acquisition of a data quality software company involving an exchangeable share and U.S. C-corporation structure to maximize beneficial tax treatment under the Tax Cut and Jobs Act.
- Represented a public company in a $24.5 million leveraged buyout of a predictive analytics software company.
- Represents a private equity backed management company in its acquisitions of dermatology practices (over 45 acquisitions in 7 states).
- Assisted in the representation of a private equity fund in the sale of its majority stake of a European telecommunications company via a $1 billion merger.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $35 million growth equity investment in a property management and marketing software company.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $28 million acquisition of an infant and baby products manufacturer.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $4 million minority investment in a billing solutions software company.
- Represents private equity funds in growth equity investments, control investments and leveraged buyouts in a variety of industries, including software and healthcare.
- Represented private equity fund in a $45 million cross-border purchase of a clean tech company featuring rep & warranty insurance.
Publications & Presentations
“Vermont vs. the Patent Troll: Is State Action a Bridge Too Far?,” 48 Suffolk University Law Review 109, 2015.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. DeSisto is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Education & Credentials
- Suffolk University School of Law
- JD, 2015, magna cum laude
Associate Production Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- University of Vermont
- BS, 2007
Choate represented Canara, Inc., a portfolio company of Columbia Capital, in its acquisition of Capital Power Group (CPG), a data center services provider based in Virginia.
Choate represented Nauta Capital, a Barcelona-based venture capital fund, in its $4.5 million Series A financing round of Mercaux, Inc., a UK-based technology company specializing in in-store digitalization for fashion retailers.
Choate represented Datawatch Corporation (Nasdaq-CM: DWCH), a leading data intelligence software company, in its definitive merger agreement to be acquired by Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR), a machine learning and optimization provider.
Choate represented BV Investment Partners in its $50 million investment in Consero Global, a Finance as a Service company that provides tech-enabled finance and accounting services to growing and mid-market companies.
Choate represented Tower Arch Capital, a Utah-based private equity fund, in its recapitalization of Kiinde LLC, a designer and manufacturer of infant and baby feeding products.