Choate Has 52 Attorneys Selected for 2016 Best Lawyers in America
Choate Press Release
| September 9, 2015
Choate announced today that 51 attorneys at the firm – 79 percent of the firm’s equity partners – have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016. Best Lawyers® is based on over six million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers, and is “regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.” Attorneys are included in Best Lawyers based entirely on peer-review and listings cannot be purchased.
Many of Choate’s 51 Best Lawyers were named in multiple categories below, and five attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” in Boston in their practice areas. The “Lawyers of the Year” winners are chosen for receiving the highest overall peer feedback on ability, professionalism, and integrity.
- Antitrust Law – Robert M. Buchanan, Jr. (Lawyer of the Year, Boston)
- Appellate Practice – A. Hugh Scott
- Banking and Finance Law – Lyman G. Bullard, Jr., James A. McDaniel, Peter M. Palladino, and John F. Ventola
- Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law – Douglas R. Gooding, Kevin J. Simard, and John F. Ventola
- Bet-the-Company Litigation – Jack Cinquegrana, Joan A. Lukey, and A. Hugh Scott
- Biotechnology Law – Brenda Herschbach Jarrell, Ph.D. (Lawyer of the Year, Boston), and Eric J. Marandett
- Business Organizations – William P. Gelnaw, Jr.
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law –William P. Gelnaw, Jr.
- Commercial Litigation – Mark D. Cahill, Jack Cinquegrana, Robert S. Frank, Jr., Michael T. Gass, Joan A. Lukey, John A. Nadas, Macey Russell, A. Hugh Scott, and Daniel C. Winston
- Corporate Law – Stephen M. L. Cohen, William P. Gelnaw, Jr., Robert V. Jahrling III, Brian P. Lenihan, John A. Meltaus, Laurence P. Naughton, Peter M. Palladino, and Andrew E. Taylor, Jr.
- Corporate Compliance Law – William B. Asher, Jr. (Lawyer of the Year, Boston), Michael T. Gass, and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Corporate Governance Law – Jack Cinquegrana, Michael T. Gass, and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Criminal Defense: White Collar – Jack Cinquegrana, Diana K. Lloyd, A. Hugh Scott, and Melissa Bayer Tearney
- Criminal Defense: Non-White Collar – Jack Cinquegrana and Diana K. Lloyd
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law – Arthur S. Meyers
- Employment Law: Individuals – Joan A. Lukey and Thomas E. Shirley
- Employment Law: Management – Arthur S. Meyers, Alison F. Reif, and Thomas E. Shirley
- Healthcare Law – Julia Hesse and Christine G. Savage
- Information Technology Law – Karen F. Copenhaver (Lawyer of the Year, Boston)
- Insurance Law – David A. Attisani, Mark D. Cahill, John A. Nadas, and A. Hugh Scott
- Labor Law: Management – Gregory C. Keating and Thomas E. Shirley
- Litigation: Bankruptcy – Douglas R. Gooding and John F. Ventola
- Litigation: ERISA – Arthur S. Meyers
- Litigation: First Amendment – Joan A. Lukey
- Litigation: Intellectual Property – Michael Bunis, Robert S. Frank, Jr., Eric J. Marandett, and Daniel C. Winston
- Litigation: Labor & Employment – Joan A. Lukey and Thomas E. Shirley
- Litigation: Patent – Robert S. Frank, Jr. and Eric J. Marandett
- Litigation: Personal Injury (Plaintiffs) – Joan A. Lukey
- Litigation: Product Liability (Defendants) – Joan A. Lukey
- Litigation: Securities – Jack Cinquegrana
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law – Stephen M. L. Cohen, William P. Gelnaw, Jr. and Robert V. Jahrling III
- Non-Profit/Charities Law – Charles A. Cheever
- Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law – Louis J. Marett and Andrew E. Taylor, Jr.
- Project Finance Law – James A. McDaniel and Peter M. Palladino,
- Real Estate Law – David B. Currie and Michael S. Sophocles
- Securities/Capital Markets Law – Robert V. Jahrling III
- Securities Regulation – John R. Pitfield (Lawyer of the Year, Boston)
- Securitization and Structured Finance Law – Peter M. Palladino
- Sports Law –Lyman G. Bullard Jr.
- Tax Law – Louis J. Marett
- Trusts & Estates – Kristin T. Abati, Charles A. Cheever, John Cornish, Silvana (Nan) Giner, William A. Lowell, Brian W. Monnich, and Jennifer C. Snyder
- Venture Capital Law – Brian D. Goldstein, Brian P. Lenihan, and John A. Meltaus