Boston College Law School
JD, 1997, cum laude
Franklin and Marshall
BA, 1993, cum laude
Real Estate: represents developers, lenders, governmental authorities and private institutions in transactions involving office buildings, multifamily housing developments, retail shopping centers, hospitals, mixed-use facilities and industrial properties. His practice involves acquisitions, dispositions, leasing transactions, permanent and construction financings, easements and condominium formations. Mr. Zaiger also has extensive experience drafting and negotiating construction contracts, architectural services agreements, land use restrictions, development agreements and various opinion letters. He also represents developers in connection with 1031 Exchange transactions.
Commercial Finance: extensive experience with the requirements for securitized and insurance company mortgage and construction financing.
Parcel Assemblage: represents real estate developers in complex acquisition transactions involving assemblage of multiple parcels.
- Closed $45 million loan, secured by over 125 properties across US and Canada, to national retailer on behalf of institutional lender.
- Assumed primary responsibility for real estate matters in connection with acquisition of land, financing and construction for Bosse Sports & Health Club in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- Handled series of Greater Boston office property dispositions, with aggregate value of over $80 million, on behalf of national real estate investment company.
- Represented Massachusetts public instrumentality in connection with acquisition of hospital in Everett, Massachusetts.
- Recently represented national investment company in connection with acquisition of ten store locations of national sporting goods retailer.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Zaiger is a member of the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. In 1996, he taught the course “Environmental Law and Policy” in the Political Science Department at Boston College.