Harvard Law School
BA, 2004, summa cum laude
US District Court, Massachusetts
Anita Spieth is an associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group. Ms. Spieth has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Intellectual Property Litigation: assists in patent, trade secret, copyright and trademark litigation on behalf of leading corporations, frequently including software and hardware developers, telecommunications and internet service providers and biotechnology companies.
- Represented US clothing retailer against claims of copyright infringement involving use of patterned fabric in apparel products.
- Represented US clothing retailer against claims of trademark and trade dress infringement involving logo used on apparel.
- Represented technology company in numerous misappropriation of trade secret actions relating to enterprise security, eGRC implementations and data storage technology. Cases also involved former employee’s violation of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. Successfully pursued and obtained preliminary injunctions.
- Represented leader in production of and supply of reagents for life sciences industry in action against former employees and new competing venture for theft of trade secrets.
- Represented mobile CT manufacturer in lawsuit against former Principal Mechanical Engineer and new employer. Lawsuit alleged former employee misappropriated confidential information and violated non-compete obligations by working simultaneously for both companies. Technology related to computed tomography with specific emphasis on detector arrays, scintillator crystals and data acquisition systems.
- Assisted in representation of leading technology corporation in litigation against investment firm in securities fraud case.
- Assisted in defense of media outlet against defamation claims.
- Member of arbitration team that successfully represented company in dispute over costs of buying out minority shareholder.
- Researched and executed Digital Millennium Copyright Act internet take-downs of infringing media on behalf of leading financial institution.
Publications and Presentations
- “2nd Circ. Set to Weigh in on CFAA Circuit Split,” co-author, Appellate Law360, July 2015.
- “Common Law v. UTSA: The Last States Standing,” co-author, IP Law360, April 2012.
- “UK Bribery Act 2010: Corporate Exposure Extended Far Beyond the FCPA," co-author, Securities Litigation Law360, June 2010.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Spieth is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Women’s Bar Association. She represents individuals seeking asylum through Choate’s partnership with the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation Project.