University of Virginia School of Law
Managing Editor of Production, Virginia Journal of International Law
University of Colorado, Boulder
BA, 2002, summa cum laude, with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa
US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
US District Court, Massachusetts
Elissa Fix is a member of the firm’s Major Commercial Litigation, Government Enforcement & Compliance, and Insurance & Reinsurance practice groups. She represents corporations in federal and state government enforcement matters and complex civil matters. She also has experience in insurance and reinsurance litigation. While in law school, Ms. Fix helped to draft and revise amicus briefs on cases before the US Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals with the Thomas Jefferson Center for the Protection of Free Expression.
Major Commercial Litigation: assists in representation of leading corporations and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation.
Government Enforcement & Compliance: assists in representation of major pharmaceutical companies in state and federal government investigations involving off-label marketing, Medicaid fraud and other healthcare fraud allegations.
Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation: assists in insurance litigation involving asbestos claims and coverage claims on behalf of insurance companies.
- Member of team that won $5.75 million jury verdict in 2011 for public company related to interference with its private auction of various subsidiaries.
- Member of team representing major pharmaceutical company in large, multi-year federal investigation into sales and marketing practices.
- Assists in representation of private equity and venture capital firms in complex civil and contractual matters.
- Member of team representing national insurance company in asbestos coverage dispute.
- Representation of students and parents regarding students’ educational placement pursuant to student’s rights under disability, civil rights and general education laws, in conjunction with the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Fix is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Women’s Bar Association. She is also a member of the Charlestown Mothers’ Association.