Boston University School of Law
JD, 2010, cum laude
BA, 2005, cum laude
Jacqueline Mantica is a member of the firm’s litigation department. Ms. Mantica participated in the firm’s Summer Associate program in 2009.
Ms. Mantica also has prosecutorial experience as a Special Assistant District Attorney in Suffolk County at the Boston Municipal Court, where she gained considerable criminal trial experience.
While in law school, Ms. Mantica served as an editor on the Boston University Public Interest Law Journal. She also volunteered as a student attorney with Shelter Legal Services and interned for the Honorable William G. Young of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Mantica served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Administrative Law Division of the Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General. As an Assistant Attorney General, Ms. Mantica represented various state agencies at both the trial and appellate level.
Complex Trial & Appellate Litigation: represents leading corporations and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation.
Government Enforcement & Compliance: represents individuals and corporations in government and internal investigations and related litigation, including healthcare fraud, government contracting violations and securities fraud.
- Represented major pharmaceutical companies and individual executives of major pharmaceutical companies in large, multi-year federal investigations into sales and marketing practices.
- Defended individual in connection with SEC investigation and shareholder derivative action.
- Represented major pharmaceutical company in contract action related to manufacturing and marketing of cholesterol drug.
- Represented medical device company in multiple patent infringement actions related to systems for blood glucose monitoring and insulin infusion.
- Assisted in independent inquiry by Special Counsel regarding Massachusetts District Courts and Boston Municipal Court.
- Assisted pro bono clients regarding tax and immigration issues.
Publications and Presentations
- "Gov't Paying Close Attention to Patient Assistance Programs,” co-author, White Collar Law360, December 2014.
- "What Judges Think of Binding Corporate Plea Agreements,” co-author, White Collar Law360, December 2013.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Mantica is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts. She participates in the firm’s pro bono program and is active with the Citizen Schools program, leading legal apprenticeship sessions with local middle school students.