Cornell Law School
Jim Kane was named in The Legal 500 for mergers and acquisitions in the Northeast US.
Finance: senior and subordinated debt, convertible notes, warrants; credit tenant loan transactions; large corporate and middle market acquisition financings, recapitalizations and working capital arrangements (secured and unsecured and committed and discretionary facilities); structured finance; asset based financings; representing the originating-agent bank and participants in agented and syndicated loans in both sponsored and non-sponsored transactions; representing sponsors and their portfolio companies in financings; private placements of debt and equity securities in both senior and subordinated investments.
Private Equity: acquisition financing involving both single loan and structured arrangements.
- Represent Agent in $400 million syndicated transaction for international diversified manufacturing company.
- Represent Agent in $100 million syndicated multicurrency transaction for corporation with international operations including subfacility for borrowing in France.
- Represent Agent in $225 million syndicated loan to financial services company.
- Represent Agent in $300 million syndicated loan sponsored transaction to company with operations in the United States and Canada.
- Represent Agent in $200 million asset based loan to public company operating chain of pet supply stores.
- Represent Agent in $50 million term loan in shared collateral structure with revolving loan lenders.
- Represent private equity portfolio company which manufactures medical devices in $108.5 million loan.
- Represent Agent in $110 million syndicated asset based loan to building supply company.
- Represent Agent in $125 million syndicated loan sponsored transaction to company in personal emergency response business with subordinated debt.
- Represent Agent in $120 million syndicated loan to radio broadcast company.
- Represent Agent in $90 million loan to portfolio company of private equity fund which company manufactured and leased special testing equipment.
- Represent Agent in $80 million asset based loan to company in business of canning foods.
- Represent private equity portfolio company in medical services industry in $90 million senior loan and $30 million subordinated loan.
- Represent Agent in $200 million syndicated asset-based loan transaction to company which operates chain of stores selling building products.
- Represent portfolio company of private equity fund in $100 million first and second lien financing for borrower’s operations in US and Europe.
- Represent portfolio company of private equity fund in $110 million first and second lien financing in telecommunications industry.
- Represent private equity funds in capital call lines from $22.5 million to $100 million.
- Represent Agent in multicurrency financing for borrower manufacturing company with operations in US and England.
- Represent insurance companies in mezzanine financing $10 million -
$60 million both secured and unsecured to finance acquisitions.
- Represent portfolio company of private equity fund in loans to portfolio companies in media and publishing businesses in amounts from $25 million - $150 million.
Presentations and Publications
Mr. Kane has served as an instructor at Boston University’s Metropolitan College.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Kane is a member of the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association.