Harvard Law School
JD, 2004, cum laude
BA, 2000, magna cum laude
US District Court, Massachusetts
US Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Jennifer Tracy is a member of the firm’s Government Enforcement & Compliance and Complex Trial & Appellate Litigation practice groups. Her experience includes representing companies and individuals in government investigations, litigation and internal corporate investigations.
Ms. Tracy has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Government Enforcement & Compliance: representation of national corporations and individuals in government investigations and litigation, including pharmaceutical and financial fraud claims.
Complex Financial Litigation: representation of public and private companies, and private equity firms, in complex financial, trade secret, fraud and breach of contract claims.
- Counsel to AlCana in trade secret litigation brought against AlCana and its research collaboration partner, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, by Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corp. Technology at issue involved novel lipid nanoparticals used as drug delivery vehicle for Alnylam’s short interfering RNA therapeutics. Tekmira v. Alnylam & AlCana
- Trial counsel for private equity firm in arbitration regarding breach of contract claims.
- Successful representation of private equity firms and their portfolio companies, as plaintiffs and defendants, in claims involving breaches of representations and warranties and fraud.
- Successfully represented leading technology company in claims involving auction rate securities.
- Defense of corporations and Boards of Directors in securities-related investigations.
- Part of team that successfully represented national financial institution in complex arbitration, winning dismissal of multiple related suits.
- Managed large team of associates in connection with defense of major pharmaceutical company in complex, multi-year federal investigation into sales and marketing practices.
- Assisted in successful 3rd Circuit appeal of conviction of former senior executive of worldwide petroleum testing company, resulting in reversal.
Publications and Presentations
- “The Latest Litigation Over FCA Public Disclosure Bar,” co-author, White Collar Law360, April 2015.
- “Weathering Management Conflicts in Acquisitions,” co-author, Securities Law360, May 2012.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Tracy has served as co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s Criminal Law Section Public Policy Subcommittee and is a member of the Criminal Law Section Steering Committee. She is actively involved in the Citizen Schools Mock Trial Program, in which she teaches inner-city middle school students about the legal system. She is committed to pro bono work and has represented a community group dedicated to improving the quality of life for the mentally retarded, a public housing authority in mediation and litigation regarding its tenants, and numerous students and parents regarding students’ educational placement, in conjunction with the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice.