Boston University School of Law
JD, 2002, cum laude
“very capable attorney… a very organized lawyer who is knowledgeable and quick to respond”
Lisa Herrington is named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star and has been listed in Chambers USA.
Finance: represents major financial institutions, institutional investors and borrowers in full range of financings, including senior syndicated, second lien, subordinated and debtor-in-possession..
Restructuring & Bankruptcy: represents debtors, secured and unsecured creditors and court-appointed fiduciaries in all aspects of workouts, restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented numerous banking institutions in connection with senior secured asset-based credit facilities to various retailers and manufacturers.
- Represented lender in connection with $190 million distressed loan secured by extensive real estate portfolio.
- Represented institutional lender in connection with numerous cross-border venture debt financings.
- Counsel to secured lender in complex out-of-court restructuring involving more than a dozen secured lenders and $500 million of secured debt, resulting in payment in full of client’s secured claims.
- Counsel to Chapter 11 Trustee in case that resulted in several successful asset sales generating substantial return to debtors’ shareholders.
- Represented Examiner appointed to oversee sales process of biotech start-up, which resulted in 35% recovery for creditors.
- Represented official committee of unsecured creditors, and subsequently, Liquidating CEO, in various matters, including prosecution of claims objections which resulted in reduction of claims by tens of millions of dollars, and the successful prosecution of avoidance actions which resulted in significant return to estate.
- Successfully defended numerous clients, including insurance companies, manufacturers and software licensor in avoidance actions.
Publications and Presentations
- “Seeking Clarity on Credit Bidding,” co-author, Bankruptcy Law360, May 2012.
- “Lessons From In Re Hydrogen LLC," co-author, Law360, May 2010.
- “Bankruptcy/IWIRC Career Development Panel,” panelist, Boston Bar Association, March 2010.
- “Effective Strategies for Trade Creditors,” panelist, Annual Northeast Bankruptcy Conference, July 2009.
- “Foreign Subsidiaries: Potential Sources of Cash for Distressed Companies,” co-author, Commercial Lending Review, May-June 2008.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Herrington is co-chair and a member of the Board of Directors of the New England Chapter of IWIRC (the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation) and a former co-chair of the Practice and Procedures Committee of the Bankruptcy Section of the Boston Bar Association. Ms. Herrington is also a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Turnaround Management Association.