University of Connecticut School of Law
JD, 2008, high honors
BA, 2005, summa cum laude
Ms. Krasner is counsel in the firm's Insurance & Reinsurance Group, which is top-ranked by The Legal 500 guide to preeminent law firms. Ms. Krasner represents insurers, reinsurers, and other companies in complex business and coverage disputes. Ms. Krasner is a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star.
While attending law school, Samantha Krasner served as executive editor for the Connecticut Law Review and as president of the Tax Law Society and Student Animal Legal Defense Fund. Ms. Krasner served as a teaching assistant for the First Year Legal Writing Program and Moot Court Program.
Ms. Krasner externed with the Honorable Alvin W. Thompson, US District Court Judge for the District of Connecticut, where she assisted in drafting a variety of judicial opinions. Ms. Krasner won the Alva P. Loiselle Moot Court Competition. Upon graduation, she was awarded the Edward L. Stephenson Memorial Prize and graduated with high honors.
Insurance & Reinsurance Litigation: litigation and arbitration on behalf of insurance and reinsurance companies involving disputes regarding coverage for variety of claims.
Complex Commercial Litigation: represent public and private companies, private equity firms, and shareholders in complex financial, class action and breach of contract litigation.
- Currently representing Fortune 500 company in multiple class action litigations involving advertising practices and consumer protection claims.
- Obtained summary judgment, affirmed by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, on behalf of insurance company in connection with environmental pollution losses.
- Assisted in representation of privately-held company in successful arbitration involving business valuation and breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Advise clients in connection with insurance coverage and risk management.
- Obtained injunction on behalf of multi-national corporation in trade secret and computer fraud dispute.
- Member of team representing major telecommunications company regarding antitrust and unfair and deceptive trade practices issues.
- Assist pro bono clients in obtaining asylum in hearings before Immigration Judges, securing employment authorization, and seeking asylum for family members.
Publications and Presentations
- “3 Ways To Make Reinsurance Arbitrations Faster and Cheaper,” author, Insurance Law360, July 2016.
- “Turbulence Ahead for Commercial Drone Insurance,” author, Insurance Law360, March 2016.
- “Insurance 101: Basics of Insurance Law,” speaker, MCLE’s Business & Commercial Law Professional Development Plan: 17 Units and Topics Seminar, October 2014.
- “'Additional Insured' at Stake in Texas High Court BP Case," co-author, Insurance Law360, March 2014.
- “A New Obstacle for Cyberinsurance Coverage,” co-author, Insurance Law360, September 2013.
- “Balancing Right of Publicity and the 1st Amendment,” co-author, IP Law360, July 2010.
- "America’s Addiction to Oil: A Comprehensive Strategy for Reducing Our Nation’s Dependence," author, Connecticut Law Review, November 2007.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Krasner is a member of the Boston Bar Association, Massachusetts Bar Association, and Women's Bar Association. She is a member of the Animal Law Practice Group of the Massachusetts Bar Association. She represents individuals through the Lawyers Clearinghouse and the Political Asylum/Immigration Representation (PAIR) Project. She is a volunteer with PAWS New England and fosters rescue dogs.