Washington University School of Law
JD, 2010, cum laude
Primary Editor, Journal of Law & Policy
US District Court, Massachusetts
Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Sophie Wang is an associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property Litigation Group, which has been top-ranked by Chambers USA and whose members have been recognized in Best Lawyers in America. Her practice focuses on complex patent litigation, trade secrets litigation, copyright and trademark issues, and contract and licensing disputes.
Ms. Wang also has prosecutorial experience, having served as a Special Assistant District Attorney in Suffolk County at the Boston Municipal Court, where she gained significant criminal jury trial experience and motion practice experience.
Ms. Wang has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star.
Intellectual Property Litigation: complex patent infringement litigation, trade secret litigation, licensing disputes, and inter partes review proceedings within the technology, software, and life sciences industries.
Complex Commercial Litigation: securities and antitrust litigation, unfair competition, commercial contract disputes.
- Representing leading biotechnology company in complex patent infringement suit relating to innovative methods of processing therapeutic polysaccharides.
- Representing major internet content delivery company in patent infringement litigation regarding content delivery technology.
- Representing global biopharmaceutical company in breach of contract litigation regarding exclusive license agreement concerning cancer treatment products.
- Assisted in representing biotechnology company in inter partes review proceeding concerning patent related to novel therapeutic monoclonal antibodies.
- Represented major internet content delivery company in patent litigation regarding multimedia streaming technology.
- Assisted in defending major multinational technology company in patent litigation relating to LED technology in tablet computers.
- Successfully represented medical device company in patent litigation relating to medical systems for blood glucose monitoring and insulin infusion.
- Successfully represented biotechnology company in trade secret litigation concerning novel lipid delivery vehicles for RNAi therapeutics.
Publications and Presentations
- "When Courts Invoke Equitable Tolling In Noncompete Cases,” co-author, Commercial Contracts Law 360, August 2015.
- “Secondary Consideration for Pharma Patents get 2nd Look,” co-author, IP Law360, November 2014.
- “Trade Secrets in Life Sciences: Challenges and Opportunities in a Collaborative and Mobile Environment,” co-author, Bloomberg BNA, November 2013.
- “Health Law Case Brief: Grocela v. General Hospital Corporation,” author, BBA Health Law Reporter, January 2013.
- “Lessons From Post-Uniloc Cases,” co-author, IP Law360, September 2011.
- “New Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Rules: Protecting Your Company Now,” co-author, Corporate Compliance Insights, August 2011.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Wang is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the American Bar Association. She also participates in the firm’s pro bono program.