Boston College Law School
JD, 2013, cum laude
Managing Editor, International & Comparative Law Review
BA, 2009, cum laude, with honors
Vanessa Arslanian is an associate in the firm’s litigation department. Ms. Arslanian participated in the firm's Summer Associate program in 2012. Her practice focuses on representing leading corporations and individuals in a wide range of litigation matters, with a primary emphasis on government and internal investigations, employment litigation, and intellectual property litigation.
While in law school, Ms. Arslanian served as the Managing Editor for the Boston College International & Comparative Law Review, and worked as a legal intern in the Office of Queens County District Attorney Richard Brown. Prior to law school, Ms. Arslanian worked in Communications and Public Affairs at Wellesley College. She also interned in the Office of then-New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo as well as in the Office of New York State Assemblyman Marc Alessi.
Government Enforcement & Compliance: representation of companies and individuals in government and internal investigations involving healthcare fraud, securities fraud and other civil and criminal regulatory matters.
Labor, Employment & Benefits: assists in employment arbitration and litigation addressing discrimination, wage and hour violations, breach of employment contracts and other related matters.
Complex Commercial Litigation: assists in representation of leading corporations and financial institutions in complex commercial litigation.
- Lead associate on team representing individual in federal contract fraud and criminal arms export control investigation arising out of Department of Defense contract.
- Member of case team representing global financial institution in defense of multi-year federal money laundering investigation.
- Member of case team representing pharmaceutical executive in federal investigation regarding public statements, promotional practices, and defense of whistleblower claims.
- Lead associate on non-compete injunction proceedings before the Delaware Chancery Court, responsible for managing all aspects of the case from complaint drafting through discovery and motion practice.
- Member of case team representing biotech company in defending key patent in an inter partes review.
- Member of case team representing pharmaceutical company in complex patent infringement suit relating to innovative methods of analyzing therapeutic polysaccharides.
- Assisted the Judicial Nominating Commission in evaluating, recommending, and preparing judicial candidates for confirmation hearings, including the most recent appointment of the Chief Justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
Publications and Presentations
- “Peregrine Puts Hired-to-Invent Issues in Spotlight,” co-author, IP Law360, July 2014.
- "Beyond Revolution: Ending Impunity and Lawlessness During Revolutionary Periods," Boston College International and Comparative Law Review, Vol. 36, No. 1, January 2013.
Professional and Community Involvement
Ms. Arslanian is a member of the Boston Bar Association and the Women's Bar Association of Massachusetts, and participates in the firm's pro bono program. She currently serves as the President of the Wellesley College Alumnae Class of 2009 and on the Executive Board of Boston-based cycling team, Back Bay Cycling Club.