Brian Lenihan, Steve Cohen, Louis Marett, Charlie Johnson
Bob Jahrling, Bill Gelnaw
- toggleRees Hawkins Named to “40 Under 40” List by M&A Advisor
Rees Hawkins has been selected as one of The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 Award Winners in the Legal Advisor category. Read more...
- toggleChristian Atwood Named a "Rising Star" in Private Equity
Christian Atwood has been selected as one of only seven Private Equity “Rising Stars” nationwide by Law360. The award honors the most accomplished attorneys in their practice areas under the age of 40. Read more...
- toggleSpotlight - Atwood M&A Advisor 40 Under 40
Christian Atwood has been selected as one of The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 Award Winners in the Legal Advisor category. Read more...
"supports us for the entire duration of the transaction life cycle, providing superior advice throughout”
Experts in Mergers & Acquisitions
Expert representation of acquirers, targets, financing sources and investment bankers in public and private mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international.
- Ranked nationally as a Tier 1 firm in Middle-Market M&A by The 2013 Legal 500, a guide to the preeminent law firms in the US
- Represented private equity sponsor in “Green/Environmental” Deal of the Year in 2009 (M&A Advisor)
- Ranked among the “Most Active Law Firms” based on number of private equity and venture capital deals negotiated and closed in 2012 (Private Equity Analyst)
- Leading lawyers in US in licensing and open source software
Highly experienced in complex mergers and acquisitions, including:
- $6.2 billion public-to-public merger of two global electronics companies
- $1.8 billion sale of software company (representing special committee) to private equity firm
- $1.1 billion sale of mutual fund complex and going-private transaction for leading financial services company
- $770 million purchase of stock from a rival biometrics provider
- $640 million sale of nursing home operator to Canadian corporation
- $245 million sale of consumer product designer to publicly-traded company
- $237 million stock acquisition of private software company by public company
- $180 million sale of educational software provider to public company
- $152 million sale of business-to-business publishing company to UK-based global media company traded on London Stock Exchange
- $145 million asset sale of wireless telecom towers to publicly-traded shared wireless and broadcast infrastructure owner/operator
- $130 million sale of healthcare service provider to electronics company
- $115 million acquisition of privately-held biotechnology company by public company
Mergers and acquisitions with value over $55 billion.
Acquisition financings with value over $2.6 billion.
50 lawyers and team of supporting specialists in corporate, securities, private equity, finance, tax, antitrust, employment, IP, environmental and real estate. Lawyers throughout practice area consistently receive national recognition for excellence.
Diverse and extensive merger and acquisition client groups, including:
- Buyout and other private equity funds
- Corporate buyers
- Corporate targets
- Financial institutions
- Investment bankers
- Public and private corporations
- Special board committees
- Management teams
IP Due Diligence
Lawyers with PhDs and other advanced degrees perform sophisticated M&A due diligence in full range of IP issues. One of first major Boston firms to establish patent group. Nationally recognized IP litigation practice. Full range of high-end strategic IP services, including patent prosecution; trademark prosecution; copyright protection; licensing; and trade secrets and unfair competition counseling.
Leader in Sophisticated Acquisition Financing
Represent leading national and international financial institutions and acquisition borrowers in full range of acquisition financings.
Mergers and acquisitions in nearly all 50 states and many foreign countries. Preeminent US – Canada cross-border transactional practice.