Sandy Taylor, Kevin Tormey, Christian Atwood
Fred Callori, Lee Feldman
Brian Lenihan, T.J. Murphy, Steve Cohen
Choate was ranked among the best law firms in this year's US News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" list, and has been named as an elite "National Tier 1" law firm in 4 practice areas. Choate also received top "Tier 1" Boston rankings in 27 practice areas. Read more...
- toggleRees Hawkins Named to “40 Under 40” List by M&A Advisor
Rees Hawkins has been selected as one of The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 Award Winners in the Legal Advisor category. Read more...
- toggleChristian Atwood Named a "Rising Star" in Private Equity
Christian Atwood has been selected as one of only seven Private Equity “Rising Stars” nationwide by Law360. The award honors the most accomplished attorneys in their practice areas under the age of 40. Read more...
- toggleChristian Atwood Named to “40 Under 40” List by M&A Advisor
Christian Atwood has been selected as one of The M&A Advisor’s 40 Under 40 Award Winners in the Legal Advisor category. Read more...
"Choate has cemented its position as a highly respected mid-market player; great for mid-market buyouts."
Handled over $30 billion in middle market M&A and investment transactions in the past five years. Leader in private equity since 1983, when we formed one of the first private equity funds.
Over 50 lawyers committed to Choate’s private equity practice. Dedicated client teams. Lawyers throughout practice area consistently receive national recognition for excellence in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Legal 500 (a guide to the preeminent law firms in the US), and Best Lawyers in America.
Middle Market Focused
Focus on middle market transactions ranging from less than $20 million to nearly $1 billion, with most deals in $10 million to $500 million range.
In-depth deal coverage including LBOs, growth equity investments and recapitalizations, carveouts, sales and divestitures, and all aspects of fund formation and capital raising.
- Recognized as one of the leading practices of its kind by Chambers USA
- Ranked nationally as a leading firm in Private Equity Buyouts and as a Tier 1 firm in Middle-Market M&A by The Legal 500, a guide to the preeminent law firms in the US
- Recently ranked among the top “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide based on number of private equity and venture capital deals and number of private equity and venture capital funds worked on for general and limited partners (Dow Jones’ Private Equity Analyst)
- Ranked among PitchBook’s “Most Active Law Firms” worldwide for private equity in 2013
Private equity acquisitions and investments in 45 states and 27 countries for more than 40 different sponsors.