Peter Palladino has 30 years of finance experience including structuring, documentation, workout, restructuring and bankruptcy. His practice includes national and international acquisition finance with an emphasis on private equity sponsored transactions, leveraged cash flow and asset based lending and asset securitization in a broad range of industries including healthcare, technology, media and telecommunications, sports and retail. He served as chairman of the Business Department from 1999 through 2016. He also served as chairman of the Finance & Restructuring Group from 1997 through 2005.
Mr. Palladino is listed among the leading lawyers for business in America in Chambers USA, and is the only lawyer in Boston to be named at the top of his field for his work in finance every year from 2008 - 2014. He was named the 2014 Boston “Lawyer of the Year” for Project Finance Law by Best Lawyers, a designation he also received in 2013 for Securitization and Structured Finance Law, and has been included in their list of the nation’s top lawyers for the last ten years. Mr. Palladino was named in The Legal 500 for mergers and acquisitions in the Northeast US and has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
Corporate Finance: extensive commercial finance experience including origination, workout and bankruptcy in a broad range of industries and deal structures. National finance practice includes acquisition finance with an emphasis on private equity sponsored acquisitions, leveraged cash flow and asset based lending and asset securitization in a broad range of industries including media and communications, healthcare, sports and retail.
- $450 million secured revolving credit facility (as part of $1.1 billion senior facility) for public transportation services company.
- $100 million term loan and $50 million revolving facility (as part of $250 million senior facility) for New Hampshire-based designer and manufacturer of metal cutting products, to effectuate company’s transition to 100% ESOP-owned organization.
- $125 million working capital/acquisition facility for international law firm.
- $85 million syndicated facility for software company.
- $40 million second lien credit facility for manufacturing company.
- $80 million syndicated credit facility for consumer goods company.
- $30 million cross-border working capital facility for manufacturing company.
- $50 million cross-border working capital and acquisition facility for seafood company.
- $300 million syndicated working capital/dealer agreement acquisition facility for security alarm monitoring company.
- $40 million acquisition facility for hospital chain.
- $100 million working capital/acquisition facility for affiliated group of consumer catalogue companies.
- $75 million debtor-in-possession facility for furniture retailer.
- $30 million working capital facility for chain of diagnostic clinics.
- $1.8 billion league-wide credit facility for Major League Baseball.
- $100 million debtor-in-possession facility for garden center chain.
- $125 million consumer receivable securitization for NYSE timeshare company.
Recent Publications and Speaking Engagements
- "Transactional and Operational Challenges and Strategies for International Growth," panelist, Thriving in a Global Economy, Capstone Partners Symposium.
- “Financing Private Equity Transactions,” moderator, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium.
- “Unlocking Value in the Face of Uncertainty,” moderator, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium.
- “US-Canadian Cross Border Finance,” presenter, Boston Bar Association.
- “Distressed Investing and Turnarounds,” panelist, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium.
- “State of the Union for M&A,” panelist, Capstone Partners & Morgan Stanley's Wealth Management Event.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Palladino is past chairman of the Boston Bar Association’s Commercial Finance Section and is a member of the American College of Investment Counsel, the Commercial Finance Association, the Turnaround Management Association and the Association for Corporate Growth. He is a frequent speaker on several finance topics including second lien financing, healthcare finance and bankruptcy.
Mr. Palladino is an active supporter of the Jimmy Fund and regular platelet donor at the Kraft Family Donor Center at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. He is also a Trustee of Tenacre Country Day School in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 1985
- Colgate University
- BA, 1982
US District Court, Massachusetts
Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognized 34 Choate lawyers as leading counsel in their respective fields, with six receiving Band 1 rankings.