Peter Palladino has over 30 years of finance experience including structuring, documentation, workout, restructuring and bankruptcy. His practice includes national and international acquisition finance with an emphasis on private equity sponsored transactions, leveraged cash flow and asset based lending and asset securitization in a broad range of industries including healthcare, technology, media and telecommunications, sports and retail. He served as chairman of the Business Department from 1999 through 2016. He also served as chairman of the Finance & Restructuring Group from 1997 through 2005.
Mr. Palladino is listed among the leading lawyers for business in America in Chambers USA, and is the only lawyer in Boston to be named at the top of his field for his work in finance every year from 2008 - 2014. He was named the 2014 Boston “Lawyer of the Year” for Project Finance Law by Best Lawyers, a designation he also received in 2013 for Securitization and Structured Finance Law, and has been included in their list of the nation’s top lawyers for the last ten years. Mr. Palladino was named in The Legal 500 for mergers and acquisitions in the Northeast US and has been named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer.
Corporate Finance: extensive commercial finance experience including origination, workout and bankruptcy in a broad range of industries and deal structures. National finance practice includes acquisition finance with an emphasis on private equity sponsored acquisitions, leveraged cash flow and asset based lending and asset securitization in a broad range of industries including media and communications, healthcare, sports and retail.
- Counsel to Agent in $400 million working capital and acquisition facility ($275 million term loan and $125 million revolving facility) for ESOP-owned designer and manufacturer of specialty metal cutting products.
- Counsel to Agent in Syndicated $275 million working capital/acquisition facility for international law firm.
- Counsel to Agent in Syndicated $185 million facility for software company.
- Counsel to Agent in Syndicated $80 million credit facility for consumer goods company.
- $50 million acquisition facility for online education platform.
- $30 million working capital facility for chain of diagnostic clinics.
- Counsel to Agent in Syndicated $240 million working capital and acquisition facility for Data Center platform.
- Counsel to ABL Agent in $40 million split collateral structured transaction ($80 million term loan) for acquisition of a hardware supply company.
- Counsel to sole Lender in $60 million working capital line to whiskey distiller.
- Counsel to Agent in Syndicated $110 million acquisition facility to specialty insurance underwriting platform.
- Counsel to sole Lender in $65 million working capital and acquisition facility to government contractor.
- Counsel to Term Agent in $65 million split collateral structured transaction ($50 million ABL Loan) for acquisition of defense contractor.
- Counsel to Sponsor/Last Out Lender in connection with $30 million unitranche facility for the acquisition of a specialty construction company.
- $125 million consumer receivable securitization for NYSE timeshare company.
- $450 million secured revolving credit facility (as part of $1.1 billion senior facility) for public transportation services company.
Recent Publications and Speaking Engagements
- "Transactional and Operational Challenges and Strategies for International Growth," panelist, Thriving in a Global Economy, Capstone Partners Symposium.
- “Financing Private Equity Transactions,” moderator, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium.
- “Unlocking Value in the Face of Uncertainty,” moderator, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium.
- “US-Canadian Cross Border Finance,” presenter, Boston Bar Association.
- “Distressed Investing and Turnarounds,” panelist, MIT Sloan Private Equity Symposium.
- “State of the Union for M&A,” panelist, Capstone Partners & Morgan Stanley's Wealth Management Event.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Palladino is past chairman of the Boston Bar Association’s Commercial Finance Section and is a member of the American College of Investment Counsel, the Commercial Finance Association, the Turnaround Management Association and the Association for Corporate Growth. He is a frequent speaker on several finance topics including second lien financing, healthcare finance and bankruptcy.
Mr. Palladino is a Trustee of Tenacre Country Day School in Wellesley, Massachusetts, and a member of the Board of Directors of Speakeasy Stage Company in Boston, where he serves as Chairman of the Finance Committee.
Mr. Palladino is an active supporter of the Jimmy Fund and regular platelet donor at the Kraft Family Donor Center at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 1985
- Colgate University
- BA, 1982
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognized 27 Choate partners as leading counsel in their respective fields, with several receiving Band 1 rankings.
While the CDC’s current position is that COVID-19 is far more dangerous for people with underlying health conditions and the elderly, it does pose a strong threat to the stability of the global economic climate.
More than 75 percent of the Firm’s equity partners have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2020.
Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business recognized 28 Choate lawyers as leading counsel in their respective fields, with six receiving Band 1 rankings.
Choate announced today that 48 of its attorneys – more than 75 percent of the Firm’s equity partners – have been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019.