Adam Zaiger helps sophisticated developers, investors, lenders, governmental authorities, and private institutions successfully navigate their acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing, and financing transactions. With over 30 years of experience in the real estate industry, Adam represents clients across virtually all asset classes, including large-scale commercial/industrial complexes, distribution facilities, data centers, research and laboratory facilities, corporate headquarters for Fortune 500 companies, major suburban shopping centers, as well as specialty asset classes including hospitality, professional sports facilities, and self-storage complexes. His practice also involves major urban developments and high-rise office/Class A retail leasing both in the City of Boston and on a worldwide basis.
Adam also frequently represents Choate’s private equity clients in connection with their mergers and acquisitions and assists Choate’s high net worth clients with their real estate investment needs. His clients include Bain Capital, PTC, JPMorgan, Arbor Financial, Jones Lang LaSalle, and Tribeca Holdings.
To learn more about our Real Estate practice, please click here.
- Chambers USA
- PTC, Inc. in connection with lease for new corporate headquarters at 121 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, Massachusetts and construction of tenant improvements.
- FORMA Therapeutics in connection with new leasing arrangement for new office/laboratory space at The Arsenal on the Charles.
- Leading global private equity firm in connection with corporate headquarters lease and satellite office leases throughout the United States and worldwide, including locations in Chicago, San Francisco, London, and Australia.
- Institutional investor in connection with multi-building data center lease to Fortune 500 company.
- Sophisticated private investors in connection with disposition of major City of Boston Dorchester Ave./Old Colony Ave. development sites.
- Owner of City of Cambridge laboratory building/complex in connection with leasing and landlord-tenant matters.
- United Kingdom-based investor in connection with the acquisition, development, establishment of a mixed-use condominium at 6 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts, with retail portion leased to Chanel, and handled disposition of all residential and retail units.
- Massachusetts-based insurance company in connection with major urban development.
- United Kingdom-based investor in connection with acquisition and financing of 625 North Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, including creation of office/retail condominium.
- International real estate developer in connection with financing of its United States retail portfolio, including properties in Boston, San Francisco and New York City.
- United Kingdom-based investor in connection with acquisition and financing of Apple store location in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Major regional supermarket chain in connection with shopping center development and leasing matters.
- Boston-based investor in connection with parcel assemblage, acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of Home Depot location in Southeastern Massachusetts.
- North Shore developer in connection with acquisition and leasing of various town-center retail and office premises to local and national retailers, restaurants and banking institution.
- Closed $45 million loan, secured by over 125 properties across US and Canada, to national retailer on behalf of institutional lender.
- Assumed primary responsibility for real estate matters in connection with acquisition of land, financing and construction for Bosse Sports & Health Club in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- Handled series of Greater Boston office property dispositions, with aggregate value of over $80 million, on behalf of national real estate investment company.
- Massachusetts public instrumentality in connection with acquisition of hospital in Everett, Massachusetts.
- National investment company in connection with acquisition of ten store locations of national sporting goods retailer.
- "Drummer Boy Makes Some Noise On Mass. Superpriority Liens," co-author, Real Estate Law360, June 2016.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association
- Member of the Boston Bar Association
- Adjunct professor of “Environmental Law and Policy” in the Political Science Department at Boston College
- Member of the Memorial School Building Committee Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 1997, cum laude
- Franklin and Marshall
- BA, 1993, cum laude
Chambers USA Guide to America’s Leading Lawyers for Business recognized 28 Choate partners as leading counsel in their respective fields, with five receiving Band 1 rankings.
Choate represented BV Investment Partners in its investment in PixelMEDIA, a digital commerce services firm that helps brands launch, manage, and grow their ecommerce businesses on Salesforce.
On April 20, 2020, Governor Baker signed into law “An Act providing for a moratorium on evictions and foreclosures during the COVID-19 Emergency.”
On April 17, 2019, the Department of Treasury and the IRS released a second set of proposed regulations on Qualified Opportunity Zone investments. The proposed regulations address many of the questions and issues surrounding the Qualified Opportunity Zone program, in some cases supplementing and clarifying a first set of proposed regulations that were issued on October 29, 2018.