Adam Zaiger is an attorney practicing in Choate's Real Estate Department.
Real Estate: Having obtained a real estate salesperson’s license shortly after graduating from high school in 1989, Mr. Zaiger has almost thirty years’ experience in the real estate industry and is frequently called upon to assist clients with their most important and complex real estate matters and disputes. He presently represents developers, lenders, governmental authorities, private institutions and individual investors in real estate transactions across virtually all asset classes. He has substantial experience with office towers, multifamily housing projects, mixed use facilities, major retail centers, industrial parks, hospitals and sports complexes. His engagements include acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, construction and architectural services agreements, land use restrictions, condominium documents, and complex development agreements. Mr. Zaiger also frequently represents private equity clients in connection with their merger, acquisition and disposition transactions and assists Choate's Wealth Management clients with their real estate needs.
Leasing: Represents both landlords and tenants in lease transactions of virtually every type and nature, with particular emphasis on corporate office headquarters leases, anchor tenant shopping center leases, office park leases and build-to-suit arrangements. Mr. Zaiger also has experience with leases of restaurants, data centers, healthcare facilities, professional sports complexes and industrial sites.
Commercial Finance: extensive experience with the requirements for securitized and insurance company mortgage and construction financing.
Parcel Assemblage: represents real estate developers in complex acquisition transactions involving assemblage of multiple parcels.
- Represents PTC, Inc. in connection with lease for new corporate headquarters at 121 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, Massachusetts and construction of tenant improvements.
- Represents a leading global private equity firm in connection with corporate headquarters lease and satellite office leases throughout the United States and worldwide, including locations in Chicago, San Francisco, London, and Australia.
- Represents a major U.S. banking institution in connection with Greater Boston branch leasing.
- Represented United Kingdom-based investor in connection with the acquisition, development, establishment of a mixed-use condominium at 6 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts, with retail portion leased to Chanel, and handled disposition of all residential and retail units.
- Represented a Massachusetts-based insurance company in connection with major urban development.
- Represented United Kingdom-based in connection with acquisition and financing of 625 North Michigan Avenue in Chicago, Illinois, including creation of office/retail condominium.
- Represented international real estate developer in connection with financing of its United States retail portfolio, including properties in Boston, San Francisco and New York City.
- Represented United Kingdom-based investor in connection with acquisition and financing of Apple retail location in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented major regional supermarket chain in connection with shopping center development and leasing matters.
- Represented Boston-based investor in connection with parcel assemblage, acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of Home Depot location in Southeastern Massachusetts.
- Represents North Shore developer in connection with acquisition and leasing of various town-center retail and office premises to local and national retailers, restaurants and banking institution.
- Closed $45 million loan, secured by over 125 properties across US and Canada, to national retailer on behalf of institutional lender.
- Assumed primary responsibility for real estate matters in connection with acquisition of land, financing and construction for Bosse Sports & Health Club in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- Handled series of Greater Boston office property dispositions, with aggregate value of over $80 million, on behalf of national real estate investment company.
- Represented Massachusetts public instrumentality in connection with acquisition of hospital in Everett, Massachusetts.
- Represented national investment company in connection with acquisition of ten store locations of national sporting goods retailer.
"Drummer Boy Makes Some Noise On Mass. Superpriority Liens," co-author, Real Estate Law360, June 2016.
Professional and Community Involvement
Mr. Zaiger is a member of the Massachusetts Real Estate Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association. In 1996, he taught the course “Environmental Law and Policy” in the Political Science Department at Boston College. Mr. Zaiger presently serves as the Memorial School Building Committee in his hometown of Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts.
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 1997, cum laude
- Franklin and Marshall
- BA, 1993, cum laude