Cassidy Seamon represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a range of transactions. She has experience in mergers and acquisitions as well as growth equity transactions, and she also assists with general corporate work, with a focus on the technology and healthcare industries.
- Serent Capital in a significant growth investment in BS&A Software, a leading enterprise resource planning provider to municipalities.
- Balance Health, a podiatry practice group, in its acquisition of Weil Foot & Ankle Management, LLC.
- Long Ridge Equity Partners in an acquisition of Acqueon Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a provider of omnichannel customer engagement software.
- 66degrees, a Google Cloud Premier Partner, in its merger with Pandera Systems, with an additional investment from Sunstone Partners, creating the second largest pure-play Google Cloud services firm in North America.
- Cove Hill Partners and SecureLink in connection with Imprivata’s acquisition of SecureLink and Cove Hill’s corresponding investment in Imprivata.
Publications and Presentations
- “Kissing the Security Blanket Goodbye: How the SECURE Act Will Affect IRA Beneficiaries’ Long-Term Financial Security,” author, Boston College Law Review, January 2021.
- “Saints and Sinners: Is an Insurance Policy Required to Indemnify the Church for the Wrongful Acts of Sexual Misconduct by Priests?,” author, Boston College Law Review, April 2020.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Discovering Justice Legal Mentor, Spring 2023
Education & Credentials
- Boston College Law School
- JD, 2021
Executive Comments Editor, Boston College Law Review
- West Virginia University
- BS, 2018, magna cum laude
Choate represented Serent Capital in a significant growth investment in BS&A, a leading ERP software provider to municipalities. The investment will enable BS&A to accelerate its geographic expansion and drive further adoption of its market-leading cloud product.
Choate represented Spectrum Equity as lead investor in a $35M Series A growth investment in SponsorUnited, the leading global sports and entertainment intelligence platform.
Choate represented Sunstone Partners in its growth equity investment in the merger of its portfolio company 66degrees, a Google Cloud Premier Partner, and Pandera Systems.
Choate represented Long Ridge Equity Partners in their majority growth investment in Acqueon, a leading provider of omnichannel customer engagement software.
Choate represented Transformation Capital as the lead investor in a $24M Series B investment in Plume, the leading gender-affirming virtual care provider.