Kristen Perriello helps healthcare, life sciences and other companies across a wide range of industries to effectively manage complex litigation issues, with an emphasis on government enforcement actions, internal investigations, and compliance advice. Kristen is known for her ability to learn her client’s business inside and out to deliver practical solutions and advice that is tailored directly to particular business needs.
Kristen assists in the representation of individuals and corporations across a wide-range of industries, with particular emphasis on healthcare and life sciences companies, and academic institutions, in healthcare fraud-related government investigations and in related litigation, including qui tam and employment matters. Kristen also conducts internal investigations on behalf of corporate clients to evaluate potential exposure under federal statutes, and advises clients on various compliance issues, including healthcare fraud, the Food Drug and Cosmetic Act, the FCPA, and securities matters, and helps clients by preventing and curing corporate misconduct issues and assisting them in ensuring strong ongoing corporate compliance.
Kristen recently served as a Special Assistant District Attorney with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, where she gained significant criminal trial and motion practice experience.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Represent defense contractors in False Claims Act investigations.
- Defend global biopharmaceutical company in False Claims Act investigation, related qui tam action, and subsequent appeal.
- Defend major pharmaceutical companies and medical device companies in federal and state investigations.
- Advise life sciences companies regarding commercial and medical activities, patient services, patient assistance programs, and clinical educator compliance measures, and defend companies in government investigations regarding these programs.
- Represent life sciences companies in internal investigations of alleged compliance violations asserted by whistleblowers.
- Defend individuals in healthcare fraud investigations, SEC investigations and related cases.
- Represent medical device company in settlement negotiations with state and federal authorities, including negotiation and implementation of Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Counsel university and teaching hospital clients regarding potential False Claims Act implications of alleged scientific misconduct.
- Advise international pharmaceutical and medical device companies on potential FCPA violations and their impact on corporate transactions.
- Conduct independent investigation into alleged sexual harassment and gender-based discrimination at a major university.
Publications & Presentations
- “Insights from Medical Device Corporate Integrity Agreements,” panelist, 24th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Ethics and Compliance Congress, October 2023.
- “Navigating the Legal Considerations of Patient Assistance,” moderator, Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress, April 2023.
- “The Libor Scandal,” author, 32 Rev. of Banking & Fin. L. 2.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Boston Bar Association
- Participates in Choate’s legal clinic for the homeless program through the Lawyers Clearinghouse
- Provides education-related pro bono counsel through Choate’s partnership with the EdLaw Project
- Member of Choate’s Associates’ Committee
Education & Credentials
- Boston University School of Law
- JD, 2014, cum laude
- Editor, Review of Banking & Financial Law
- Northeastern University
- BS, 2011, magna cum laude
U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Massachusetts Appeals Court
Kristen Dooley Perriello we be a panelist at the 24th Annual Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Ethics and Compliance Congress on Wednesday, October 25th, providing "Insights from Medical Device Corporate Integrity Agreements."
Choate recently sponsored the Compliance Congress for Specialty Products in Boston where attendees heard from industry experts on the latest compliance trends in the pharmaceutical industry.
In this episode of Choate’s Enforcement & Investigations Updates Podcast Series, Emily Hodge and Kristen Perriello discuss recent significant cases and decisions surrounding the False Claims Act - including the Supreme Court’s decisions in the SuperValu case and the Polansky qui tam case.
Four of Choate's Government Enforcement attorneys will be speaking at the Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress (PCC) on April 25-27, 2023 in McLean, Virginia, including Emily Hodge, Danielle Pelot, Kristen Perriello and Sara Frank.